Sign in to follow this  

06 ttr125e help

Looking at my buddies 06 TTR125E and the starter was not engaging and you could hear it spinning. I took starter off and it looked to be fine. I looked through the hole and the idler gear (or whatever its called) looked to have no teeth hardly left on it so I put my finger on it and it was real loose also. Well I took the case cover off the gear shifter side and found that the little keeper that holds the idler gear was loose and missing one of the screws that holds it on??? Never seen nothing like that before!! What all do I have to remove to get to the idler gear and get it out and replaced and will I need any special tools? And is there a way to fish the missing screw out?

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott

Well I managed to get a hold of a PDF copy of the service manual on my own

and see what I need to remove now but also see I need a holder to remove the nut from the rotor and a puller to pull it. Does anyone know where I can get these items or know a way around using them?

Ok I found a puller that worked to get the CDI Magneto off (and man it was on there!) got to the Idler gear and I got it off and now all I need is to order the new Idler gear and a side cover gasket and put it back together. Problem I need to solve now is how to find and get the screw that had fell out of the plate that secures the idle gear and the rest of the teeth that were broken off the idler gear down in the bottom of the engine that did not drain out when I drained the oil. Any one know what to use to flush out the pieces or some kinda magnet I can run down in there or something?