Sign in to follow this  

New Parts!!!

so I just got my latest flyer from Cycle Gear, and I was stoked to see some parts on sale that are necessary for my next trip to Moab in April. I purchased a clutch/brake folding lever from Trackside for $29 each, as well as an adjustable fuel mixing knob for $10. This is my first time messing with a 450 carb, so I need some help on this one. Do I need to bottom the original screw out (counting the rotations) and put the new one in the same depth, or is there some other trick to this?

As the bike sits now, I believe the jetting is okay because it doesn't backfire or seem to run rich/lean. The only reason why I'm adding this new adjustable screw is because I occasionally have to choke it to restart after stalling. Cold starts are quick and simple, but hot starts are another issue without the choke. Thanks for the help.

yea, you need to know how many turns out it is.. Be sure to get the tiny o-ring out too. It is TINY! but you can't have 2 o-rings on the fuel screw.

I saw that the o-ring on the new fuel screw is super tiny, so I'll be on the lookout for that. Thanks for the tip. Just so I understand this correctly, this is a fuel screw, so turning it out increases the amount of fuel administered at certain throttle positions, correct?

yes, turning out = more fuel. look in your manual or search for what is the stock position but start with what it is at now. a 1/4 turn can make a diff. Need to adjust when the bike is good and warmed up, like after riding for a good 10-15min not just start and try to set.