studs..

so i studded up my tires, not really for ice racing for for that tricky black ice under the snow in the trails, heres a pic

studs.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anyways the problem is the back is so gripy the front cant turn :bonk: should i use 100 more sheet metal screws on the side and order 250 more 1/2" studs then use those also on the front? like i did to the back.

thanks thats what i was thinking more studs for the front, but i didnt stud the sides on the back cause i want it to drift more is that bad?:bonk:

Drifting is great, it helps you with throttle control, bike control. The only real problem is when the bike stands up, it goes from very little traction to 100% traction, a high side or two might be in the cards! But you will get the hang of it.

Yea, you'll want a lot more studs in there.

Personally, I'd strongly recommend some automotive tire studs instead of screws if you're going to be on the street for any amount of time. I've got a set of Trakmasters with studs in 'em on my bike right now. I commute via bike year-round.

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

And they work great.

so i put 200 more studs in the front, making 300 studs in the front, 350 in the back, so 650 studs total, and boy oh boy she rides the ice like it was a skate on my foot now! btw i used all sheet metal screws in the front and 100 sheet metals in the back + 250 gold ice screws

Check out Kold Kutter studs. Google it. They have some good videos of proper installation. Granted they are for ice racing but gives you an idea of placement for great traction. Also I hear that the "canadian" studs are better for snow and ice, and the standard ones are good for straight ice. I have been tempted to stud mine. There are some awesome vids on youtube of some bikes just hauling on snow covered lakes!