Sign in to follow this  

2011 250sxf tips

Just purchased a 2011 250 SXF after having kawasaki's from day one. Thought about a ktm for a while and took a chance as they are a lot cheaper than a kawi here in the UK, the bike is mint and has only just been run in and now done 2 hours max but if im honest i dont have much confidence in it at all due to all the story's you here of them going wrong.

It has the 12 efi system due to the recall which is supposedly the cure to the problems but anymore tips would be a great help as i dont want the new season to be here and to be constantly breaking down.

I have a 12 which is identica bar Tps rubber boot and inline filter. You can add these to your rig. I come from years of yz250f ownership and i love this bike i only have 8 hours on mine so Im curious also but i am running the split stream tank filter. grip it and rip it i say. just be careful washing it and and dry it off with the compressor .

Keep Clean Ethanol free fuel in her and you should be fine.

Maybe flush out the tank, and or filter in the tank. Get a Golan fuel filter (lots of posts on that).

my .02

cheers i will try those and hopefully all should be good:thumbsup: