Sign in to follow this  

another helmet question

So none of my local shops deal Fly, keen to order one in but to save time can anyone comment on sizing for the formula clash to a fox v3 in a large? Cheers

I wouldn't buy a Fly helmet, they're really not a very good helmet. Two of my friends have had serious concussions in them, hospitalized sorta things from not very bad crashes. One of my other friends had a pretty simple crash in a V3 and was knocked unconscious for a while.

IDK, I'd rather not ride then buy a cheap helmet.

Arai or Shoei, they are the best hands down.

I'm after a helmet with better cooling than my v3, the fly has 11 ports I think? I have been getting head aches on long summer days rides. How are shoies in this area? What are your thoughts on tld?

Cheers Al

ok thanks for link, I don't think many shops around here would stock suomy helmts for fitting. A v3 fits my head perfect in a L after anyone who has tried other brands that fit like fox helmets...

I wouldn't buy a Fly helmet, they're really not a very good helmet. Two of my friends have had serious concussions in them, hospitalized sorta things from not very bad crashes. One of my other friends had a pretty simple crash in a V3 and was knocked unconscious for a while.

IDK, I'd rather not ride then buy a cheap helmet.

Arai or Shoei, they are the best hands down.

Canard has pretty high praise for his fly helmet... :smirk:

The fly has dual density eps, and snell 2010 and was one of the first helmets with the snell2010 rating. It seems like a good choice to me.

I currently use a tld air , it is well vented and below average weight. The new se3's are slightly lighter than the se2's and boast dual density eps.

Hopefully someone who has owned both the fly and v3 can chime in about venting.

Canard has pretty high praise for his fly helmet... :smirk:

Well, as pointed out above, he is paid to like it.

Pretty much the best helmet on the market is the VFX-W and once you've owned one, every other helmet seems second rate...

A helmet contract pays 6 figures for the top pros.

no I mean on the pulpmx show he was giving it credit for his walking away from that last crash with morais.

I was behind a rider that died of a head injury in the exact same type of crash 2 years ago. Canard was only out for 2 minutes... I'll be buying an F2 Carbon next after seeing one tested in front of 60,000 people +TV viewers

sorry for DP,

I just think it's worth listening to before you guys go after him for plugging his sponsors. It was a pretty personal interview, and he sounded sincere to me