Sign in to follow this  

03 yz 125 problems...

I have an 03 yz 125. I cant decide if i want to sell it or not. ever since ive had it ( 3 months ) its been one thing after the other. First the clutch cable. Then it just totally lost power and quit running. So we done everything we could to make it run before a new top end. Replaced gaskets and rings. Then it still wouldnt run and kept getting water in the pipe from the motor. Finally just put new piston and rings in it and it runs!! But today the freaking crank starter rod broke! really mad! Thinking about selling and just getting a new bike before something else tears up? :bonk:

A new top end is normal for any used 125, 2003 or 2011. I am not sure what a crank starter rod is, but you should expect minor probs with used bikes. Did you check the play in the rod when you did the top end? That way you know if a new bottom end is coming soon.

i replaced top end on christmas day. The crank thing im talking about is the kickstarter. Its the little peice that u attach the kickstarter too. It has basically just broken off. I know replacing stuff is usual because ive had dirtbikes all my life. But everytime i fix something on it then something else tears up.

That sucks, but shouldn't be too bad to replace. I am with you on "when do you cut bait and try another bike"? However, I know I have sold bikes after I have fixed the last problem they will have in a while.

Ya the little peice is $73.00. And it takes two weeks to get here! I just got it running after 2 months and now i have to wait two more weeks. I can still roll start it but i dont really like to do that.

hey i have an 03 yz 125 its perfect i bought it used fmf fatty on it just hang in there its a sick bike to ride

have you tryed ebay?

ive found quit a bit of stuff in good condetion for cheap if u wanna go used.

good luck!!!