Sign in to follow this  

08 Fork Seal Leak

Hey guys, just picked up an 08 kx250f yesterday- I just noticed a left fork seal leak today,and was wondering how much it would be to repair it, assuming i do it myself.

heres some pics, not sure if after market suspension effects the fork seals

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

would i follow this guide?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863509&highlight=

what are some special tools i would need? and i am just going to use a pvc pipe for a fork seal driver

thanks!

That is a great write up by DK. Follow that and you will be in good shape. Just noticed looking at your photo's that your fork tubes are really high in the triple clamps. When you set your bike up, you might want to put those closer to original position.

That is a great write up by DK. Follow that and you will be in good shape. Just noticed looking at your photo's that your fork tubes are really high in the triple clamps. When you set your bike up, you might want to put those closer to original position.

thanks, and i just realized that too, the guy before me was shorter then me so he had the seat shaved, and possibly thats why the forks are so up in the triple clamps to make the bike a little shorter? either way i will put them closer to where they should be..thanks!