Sign in to follow this  

bike hard to start , groggy when it does

hi , recently my bike has been really tough to start , and when it does start it runs really groggy untill its warmed up then its fine whats the cause of this ? thanks

ive not checked the reeds think that will be worth a try ? , and no weathers not really changed , its ever since i put anti freeze in it , would that change anything ?

Sounds like a classic case of tired rings. Pull the pipe and look in the at the piston, see if there is any blow-by under the rings.That's an easy way to check without taking the head off.

tired rings, plugged pilot jet.. old spark plug... Might just be the anti-freeze you put in takes a while to warm up..

thats the thing but , its just like the first ride of the day its hard to start , wont go into the band in 1st + 2nd then when its been warmed a bit it runs great , think im gonna go out today and check out the reeds and stuff , not checked them out since i bought it , what could be wrong with the pv ?

Clean and use a good synthetic 2-stroke oil to lube them.

You might start by looking here ---

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853572&highlight=

Your power valve might be different, but you get the general idea from that thread about how it works, how to work on it, etc.

Is it correct to assume that you have a 2000 125sx ???

If this does turn out to be a dirty power valve problem, you might consider a different oil? I just don't know what you are using right now?

There is another thread in the 2-stroke FAQ about powervalves as well.