Sign in to follow this  

04 YZ250F go or no go?

I found a very nice looking yz250f on Craigslist and I was wondering if I should buy that or go for the newer ones? :bonk:

Thanks.

They are asking 1600 but it sounds like he would come down. Maybe 1500.... I can afford around 2500. ( I'm selling my cr125 and hopefully getting some extra cashola. )

Edited by 2002cr125guy
Typo

Well, without knowing anything about you, I would tell you to hold out, be patient and look around for something newer. There are a lot of nice bikes for 2k that you might need to put a couple hundred into or less and have a wicked bike. The 04s were a good bike but you could find something better.

i just bought a 07 yz250f withh less than 10 hours on it for 2600? all depends what you want to do, hows it run, how many hours, whats done to it, ya know, what i like to do is search craigslist for all the different bikes, i do have a preference on which bikes but if i find another brand with less hours on it for a better price ill buy it..... get a bike with least hours you can what is the price for that year going for right now?

That bike in good shape has a book value of about $1800 (average retail). Trade in is closer to $1000. Personally, on a 250F that old, I wouldn't spend more than $1200. At that price you have some head room in case you need to put valves in it.

I have seen too many people get burned on 250 four strokes by owners that know the valves need replacing and just do a quick reshim to get the bike running. Two weeks later your new bike doesn't start and the valves are toast.