Sign in to follow this  

Another question regarding crf100 vs xr100 differences

I have the valve thing figured out, they use the same valves. However, the part numbers for the cam sprockets are different between the xr and the crf100. Both are listed as having 30 teeth, but the crf sprocket is about 15$ cheaper... Would like to know if it will fit/work in the xr100? I used bikebandit and compared a 2000 xr to a 2004 crf. Thanks.

Pre-2001 XR100 intake valves don't use a vavle seal and the newer ones do.

It could be tooth pitch. If the pitch, thickness and diameter are both the same then there should be no reason why it will not work.

The same 90 link cam chain (part #14401-436-003) has been used on the '81 through '12 XR/CRF 100, and the same cam (part #14101-436-000) was used, as well. The cam sprocket should work for you.

Sprocket, cam 30t

Bike bandit 2000 xr100r part number 577319, 28$

Bike bandit 2004 crf100f part number 577337 13$

Thats what im not getting... Not to belabor the point...

Use a microfiche diagram website that gives you the OEM Honda numbers to work with, like THIS ONE or THIS ONE. That way, you can present the correct OEM Honda part number to your local Honda Dealer, if need be. Those part numbers you have listed in your post are Bike Bandits unique numbering system, for whatever reason.

I have no explanation for the price differences, both sprockets shown above use the same bolts to attach to the cam.

They do the same thing with cranks. One crank is cheaper than the other, but they both work.