Sign in to follow this  

High Speed Compression Adjustment.

I been doing some dialing in of my suspension.

The question arises, where do set the High Speed adjuster?

I have a pretty good ride now but it is inclined to kick up occasionally on sharp edged ruts and tree roots and I can't seem to tune it out with the low speed adjustment so I was wondering if I should wind off the high speed a bit.

It was at about 1 3/4 turns out from full soft.

This has become more noticeable since the front is preforming much better, lack of time has been my biggest enemy in getting out there and getting a good set up.

Your experiences on this is appreciated.

Edited by Thumpin_Black_DRZ

yeah ... the adjusters work hand in hand with each other to a point

the rear needs to be revalved and correct spring rate and sag .. just as the forks need it

apart from that you can experiment the the H/S adj by backing it off 1/4 turn at a time .

i have mine backed of 1/2 turn atm .. from the standard setting

dont have too much pressure in the rear tyre

I will go for a play tomorrow and see what we can do.

It has the correct spring, sag has been set and it has been revalved with a gold valve.

Time to experiment:thumbsup:

Like I said before, it's pretty good, just think it could be little better.

I did some adjusting to my hi speed and I found with many passes on mostly woops and soft sand that all the way out worked best for my conditions and riding style.If you do some reading under suspension set-up on this forum a lot of people run with it full out. As soon as I tried turning it in some I was getting bucked in butt.

The RMZ450 factory manual does a great job in explaining how to set the clickers and adjust the oil. You should look into obtaining a copy if you want to tune your bike as the DRZ manual is more about repairing than setting up the bike.

Cheers, Steve

Well I did some riding today, all up about 350 K's.

Wound off some HS Compression, along with a few other tweaks front and back and it feels pretty good now.

Definitely needs the gold valves fitted in the forks, forks are OK, not great, but OK when I'm hitting things hard in the rough stuff but lack the low speed finesse when negotiating steep rock strewn down hills and the like.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the days ride:thumbsup: