Sign in to follow this  

Ohio S.W. Ohio Riders???

Hi all, Im new here and getting back into riding (trails) as Ive never raced MX, and at 41 years old, im prolly too old for that anyways.

So Im looking to meet some people who are into riding and in my area. I'd really like to develop some lasting friendships and would enjoy riding trails and whatnot as often as I can, I'd even turn some laps on a MX track just to try it, if that is your interest.

I know there is a MX track about 6 minutes from my house (Lake Bailee, Hamilton, Oh) and there is supposed to be a place to ride somewhere near Hueston Woods State park. Ive never been, but Haspin Acres (In.)isnt that far from me either. IM pretty laid back, easy going and a cautious rider (usually), but I just don't want to ride alone. I also enjoy working on bikes and I like to help people out with their projects, and also enjoy company when I'm working on mine.

So if anyone happens across this and is interested in riding with me, please, by all means, contact me. By the way, I live in Trenton, just minutes from Middletown, Hamilton, Monroe, and in between Dayton and Cincinnati.

I am currently in the process of restoring my bike, a 2005 Honda CRF250X, from the frame up and plan to be ready well ahead of spring time. I had to send the head in to be redone and that led to replacing numerous parts, plastics, cleaning this and that, etc. I'm also refurbishing a '94 PW 50 that I just got for my Grandson (will be his first bike).

Sheesh, this kind of feels awkward, posting this, but I dont know where else to locate people with the same interests, at least until the weather breaks and I can get out to the places mentioned above

Anyways, I look forward to hearing from anyone in the area who wants to ride. It would be great if we could get a large group of riders, so more is better. Take care.

Jump on the Perry thread. Most of us on there live in SW Ohio and we make plains to ride of that post. There are guys riding in Ky. today, I'm going to a fundraiser ride today. There are guys that like to ride at Haspin on there and there are guys that belong to local Cycle clubs there too.

Thanks for the tip, and I will certainly be looking. Thanks much! Hopefully several of us can get together, might even have to speed up my progress if people are gonna be riding in the cold, Id try it at least.

Hello from Fairfield, i'd like to join. because i tired to ride alone... i'll be in touch

Ffyntik, Hey Man, just down the road from me. Im new to this forum, I suppose my info. is available, but just in case, here is my email: mkcop2002"at" Yahoo.com. Shoot me an email anytime. I'm currently working on a CRF250X and a PW50. Pretty much doing a frame up restore on both. Waiting on parts which should be here this week. I dont do well in the cold, (I have some medical issues) but if something comes up and some people want to ride, I will try. If all goes well, (meaning, if ALL my parts get here) I should have the 250 ready in a couple of weeks and the PW50 shoudl be finished this coming weekend. My Grandson is coming to visit and Im planning to have him help me put it together since it is his bike. Only problem is, the garage isnt insulated so the little torpedo heater works hard to try and keep us comfortable.

I'm in the Hamilton area...But, out of commission for most, if not all, of this year.:smirk:

Haspin is prolly the closest for you. Go on a weekday or stay in woods & it's not bad. Good practice.

As mentioned, check out the Perry thread. Some shadey characters, but all cool.:bonk: You'll have lots of riding opportunities. Especially if you get your bike plated.

I'm in the Hamilton area...But, out of commission for most, if not all, of this year.:smirk:

Haspin is prolly the closest for you. Go on a weekday or stay in woods & it's not bad. Good practice.

As mentioned, check out the Perry thread. Some shadey characters, but all cool.:bonk: You'll have lots of riding opportunities. Especially if you get your bike plated.

Easy, pal.