Sign in to follow this  

Road Title a KTM 200 in RI

I was wondering if any one knows for sure if a 200 or 250 2t can be road registered in RI.

I would like to get one and register it for on/off road use.

I can't answer your question because I'm from Connecticut.

Another place on the Internet to look for info is the Pachaug Loop thread over on the ADV Rider forums.

KTMs seem to be the bike manufacturer of choice with most of those riders, and some come from RI.

Since you need a registered bike to legally ride the loop, you may get your info there.

I've got two registered dirt bikes at the moment with CT. license plates on them.

First things I'd want to know are:

1) Do you have the manufacturer's Certificate of Origin?

It's the thing that looks kinda' like a title, but isn't a title.

2) Has the bike ever been registered for the street in the past?

Thanks for the info. I'll check that out.

I don't have a bike yet, just wondering what my options are when I do buy. I've heard that in RI you can't just slap on a dual sport kit and register it.

Thanks again.

All ktm's minus the sx and mxc's can be registered with the proper lights and TITLE.

if you can get a bike already plated previously, its the best way to go. also interested in this, but need some more info also. i have a 08 450 sxf but the title does not say "offroad use only" so i'm thinking i can still get it reg at the dmv (im from RI). also when getting a vin check since bike was bought in MA, they only check the vin to match the bike correct? not if it's street legal?

also pachaug is a cool ride, very rocky!

I've had 2 dirtbikes vin checked in R.I. They definitly don't check to see if it's street legal. Only that it matches the bike.

Im in ny and bought a ktm 200exc in the fall.... it came with an actual title not a certificate of origin like my 250mxc... so I plan on plating it but no lights I don't care about getting an nys inspection sticker just the plate for a few very short road section we have to ride and for places that req a registered bike