Sign in to follow this  

More Oil?

Just had my susupension rebuilt. Springs are correct for my weight and sag is set. I am happy with the adjustments I can make , +/- a few clicks in each direction.

The only thing I would like to effect at this point is the "cusioning" of the biggest landings on the forks. I am using all the travel on the worst hits, o-ring is within 1/4" of the end of the fork travel. As a VET rider, I tend to flat land some of the longer jumps. I realize my style, (or lack of ability) is causing the issue. I am beginning to push it a bit further due a better setup, so one day I may be able to tune for clearing the jumps instead of pounding them.

Am I right in thinking I should start by adding 5cc oil at a time to dampen that last few inches of travel? Will this "reduce" the hydraulic lock feel at the end of stroke and make it softer/more progressive, or will it just move that sensation up the travel?

I can adjust the comp clickers but I like the feel where they are currently set.

2006 RMZ450, oil at 350cc, clickers close to middle of adjustment.

Thanks for any input!

for bottom of fork the clicker make only a little difference.the oil level is very important.your stock is 350cc but if you are a fast rider o like jump on flat around 400cc work much better,feel more support on landing.but an high level oil make the fork harsh in the last 10cm of fork travel

I would add 10cc's at a time to each fork in through the air bleed hole and test. It's easier to add a little at a time then have to much and have to take some out....

doc