this guy wants to bet me.....

Me and a buddy raced on a dirt straight away at his friends farm. He got the jump and led the race the whole way but i gained on him and was 1 bike length from him at over a 1/4 mile at 72mph. He was running a honda 250x with a high compression piston and a v force reed box not sure of his sprockets. Me, i had a wore out d606 (i really fought for traction in the begining) and 14/45 sprockets along with other mods in my signature. On the street he would have been smoked.

race on a nice long strait, 1/4 mi or longer and I'll bet on you. I don't think many MX 250cc 2 strokes will go much faster than 70mph. He'll probably get you at the beginning, but you'll reel him in at the end. IMO

Me and a buddy raced on a dirt straight away at his friends farm. He got the jump and led the race the whole way but i gained on him and was 1 bike length from him at over a 1/4 mile at 72mph. He was running a honda 250x with a high compression piston and a v force reed box not sure of his sprockets. Me, i had a wore out d606 (i really fought for traction in the begining) and 14/45 sprockets along with other mods in my signature. On the street he would have been smoked.

Big difference between a 250cc 4-stroke and a 250 2-stroke.

I rode with a 450X a few weeks ago,we had been jetting it in and uncorking it. My YZ250 would flat pull out three bikes ahead in the first 4 gears,,then after that ,it was even until HE pulled two more gears.:banghead:or,until he ran out of nads:smirk:

Just as a side note,my 650R scares me from 50 mph on,but my YZ250 would kill it 0-50.

Also has to do with terrain since the 250 will tend to have less traction in most terrains. I raced my brothers husky 450 TE on my rm250 and he would pull of ahead while I had no traction during the first 3 gears, once I hit 4th I stood with him, same with 5th, but once I topped out he would keep on going. He has 6 gears and a 42 tooth rear sprocket ?

Why don't you just man up throw the money down and let us know how it comes out. Speed is a matter of money... how fast do you want to go..... how deep is your wallet...

Love the road rash quote I played that when I was like 12 it was great. Smack him with the chain..