Sign in to follow this  

How to freshin up an 05, 70cc, crf

My kids have an 05 crf 70 we've had it new since 05. If I get on it and put around lately it feels like it's got a pretty significant decrease in power. Not to mention it is idling rough. Over the years never really done anything to the bike except oil, plugs, and clean air filter. Does anyone have any ideas what I should check or do maintenance wise to freshen it up a bit? Second my youngest is just now getting into she is 8. Her hands are pretty small so for her to be able to use the front brake, she almost has to take her hand off the throttle grab the brake and ingage well since she is at that point half on and half off the throttling she's gassing it and making it jump out when she's actually wanting to come to a stop. Any ideas ???

other than changing the perch and lever..you may could loosen the cable and put some type of spacer that will allow the lever to be closer to the throttle...if you know what I mean....make sure she keeps a flat wrist (horizontal) when she uses the throttle...it helps in the learning process to not open the throttle while braking

The spacer worked great, I adjusted as much free play in the lever that it allowed pulled on lever just right before the point of engagement and slipped in a rubber piece around the actual brake line between the lever and perch. Now it's just getting her comfortable ridding. We've been out three times and she has done awesome few tip overs (totally normal) but the fear factor is still there, I'm really having to balance from pushing her and not going overboard. Any idea's to boost her confidence? I've been super positive even when she crashes, I clap and tell her what a good job it was. ??????????????