Sign in to follow this  

Can I put a restrictor plate in an XR70?

Hi everyone,

Both my boys got dirt bikes for Christmas with one being a 2001 Honda XR70 and the other is a Yamaha PW80. I put a washer as a restrictor plate in the PW80 as they come new and it did slow it down a little. My son who has the Honda learned to ride for the first time on the PW80. But my other son wants an ATV instead. So I am selling the PW80.

Can I put a restrictor plate in the XR70? It is more powerful and faster than the PW80 bike.

Thanks!

Warren

you can put a small piece of tubing in the carb slide to restrict the amount the slide can be opened

i thought they came from factory with a set screw throttle limiter..... if not seek a xr/crf 50 throttle assy.

The 70 does not have a throttle limiter screw like the XR/CRF50, but the stock 50 setup will not work on the 70 bars. The stock 50 bars are only 3/4", while the 70 bars are the standard 7/8" size.

As stated above, a short piece of fuel line on the end of the throttle cable and inside the throttle slide spring will prevent the throttle slide from opening all the way.