Sign in to follow this  

New to Honda

Well, I made the switch from Yamaha! After spending years on them, I could not bring my self to buy the new generation YZ. My last was an 09 450 and I have to say my 2012 CRF 450 is effortless to ride in comparison.

Having 2 good hard rides on it now I'm pretty stoked to say the least! It is nice to be able wait until the very last second to turn... and your bike turns!!

However one thing I'm struggling with is the shifter is so close to the footpeg I'm having a very hard time shifting. Nothing money cant fix though.

I'm guessing any of you with size 11 boots have had the same issue?

Anyway... so stoked to be flying red!!

Moto

The Yamaha is a fine bike, but... there sure are a lot of red bikes on the starting line at local races.

When people don't have sponsors, and have to buy the best all around bike with their own money, Honda is a popular choice. Congrats on a new bike!

Well, I made the switch from Yamaha! After spending years on them, I could not bring my self to buy the new generation YZ. My last was an 09 450 and I have to say my 2012 CRF 450 is effortless to ride in comparison.

Having 2 good hard rides on it now I'm pretty stoked to say the least! It is nice to be able wait until the very last second to turn... and your bike turns!!

However one thing I'm struggling with is the shifter is so close to the footpeg I'm having a very hard time shifting. Nothing money cant fix though.

Moto

:thumbsup:We got a 2011 Honda CRF450R & if your '12 is anything like the '11, the more you ride it...the more you'll like it!! ENJOY!!:bonk:

The stock shifter on the Honda has a +10mm offset from straight out of the lever. For your size eleven boots (mine too) hammerhead designs recommends there shifter with an offset of +15mm for a little extra length.

Hey thanks! I will look in to that I ASAP! Not comfortable shifting right before jumps with the current set up. Bike sure is fun iding tho!!

Going to 408MX again tomorrow morning :bonk:

Do a google search for CRF450R shifters, many options available. I wear size 12 boots and went with a +15 with a shorter toe. With the stock shifter I kept getting my boot stuck under the shifter.

Moto

this made me lol a little bit. i dont know if it is that i just dont care or i got lucky. but i have an 03 crf450r with a stock shifter and i am in size 13 fox comp5's. i never noticed any problems.

this made me lol a little bit. i dont know if it is that i just dont care or i got lucky. but i have an 03 crf450r with a stock shifter and i am in size 13 fox comp5's. i never noticed any problems.

Yeah it was buggin for a while but getting used to it, prolly just leave it be

Bike is awesome so far. I cannot believe how well it turns/stays in ruts!

You need to be all over a Yamaha and super aggressive all the time to make it turn.

Im gettn lazy now!