Beta Questions... and Wheel conversion experts

Hey guys,

Long Story short, Im an avid reader and poster on thumpertalk but more specifically in the DRZ forum. I been doing my research hours upon hours and even talked to a few members that have these Betas and 2 of them specifically went from DRZ to the Beta...( Happy Seal and Dirtwiz)

There beautiful bikes and im definitely keeping them in mind b/c im thinking of upgrading soon to a newer, more up-to-date, faster bike.

I have Both sets of wheels for my drz, a dirt set and a sumo set...Now if i purchase one of the Betas it would be a Beta 520 RS.. Now how off would my drz sumo wheels be to swap them onto this bike..i understand it wouldnt do it perfectly and would need some custom work to be able to put them on and swap wheels regularly but does any one know? I know its kinda a very specific question and if i dont get response i understand.. What about if i got the Beta 520 supermoto? What dirt wheels would fit on that from another bike with minor custom work to be done? Any ktm wheels?

i like the idea of having both wheels cause i ride everything. While i hve Sumo wheels now for DRZ it would be prime to be able to fit them on a beta so it would save me in the end of buying 1200 dollar wheels again if i get the 520rs.

Any way thanks for your time and i have been reading quite a good amount on these bikes on here. Keep it up!

You want to know if your DRZ wheels can be made to fit the RS, right? I highly doubt it.

spacers

rotor

speedo

hub width

is probably all different. But if you call

RAD Manufacturing USA. MX Motocross Wheels, Dirt Bike hubs, DID ...

www.radmfg.com/

You could ask them - they make the accessory wheels and hub sets for American Beta that you see on their website. They would know for sure.

By the time your done converting and machining etc!!! you'de be better off getting the Beta wheels. Just my opinion, some one else might know better.

I was told that Beta wheels and other components are KTM spec. this was from a dealer that races them and uses KTM sprockets, chain and bearings. Even the swing arm is KTM spec. KTM wheels are plentiful but still pricy.

Where are you in NY?

I was told that Beta wheels and other components are KTM spec. this was from a dealer that races them and uses KTM sprockets, chain and bearings. Even the swing arm is KTM spec. KTM wheels are plentiful but still pricy.

Where are you in NY?

I've been using Husqvarna rear sprockets and KTM front sprockets on my 2008 RR's. Husqvarna rotors fit front and rear too. The DRZ wheels will not work. Nothing will fit. Like Happy Seal said not worth trying with all the mods needed. Sell all your DRZ stuff and buy the 520RS and a spare set of wheels for street.

what size rear axle does the Beta have 20mm? late husky is 25mm? can you measure the drz hub from disc flange to sprocket flange. I fooled around with a dr350 wheel to a 08 te510. probably could have made it work with a little machine wk. the big axle was the biggest problem.

Where are you in NY?

I'm on Long Island.

Hey guys. Thanks for responses. I figured it would probably be a long shot but it was worth asking for sure. I don't have the tools to do the machining or anything in that nature which stinks but oh well. So it probably wouldn't be worth the cost of doing that because I can still sell my wheels for decent amount.

could you do me a favor (or anybody) and measure the drz rear hub. I have suzuki wheels on my old tt600. (drz fks/rm ft wleel and dr350 rear) would like some sm wheels. thanks

could you do me a favor (or anybody) and measure the drz rear hub. I have suzuki wheels on my old tt600. (drz fks/rm ft wleel and dr350 rear) would like some sm wheels. thanks

I can measure it when I get home later tonight on my drz SM wheels.

Where are you in NY?

As I recall, the Beta hubs and swingarm are unique to Beta, close but not the same as KTM. The hubs are closer to Husky in fitment, but I think there would either need to be some machining of spacers required to adapt Husky wheels to a Beta 450RR/RS. Not sure if the brake rotor would align or not.

My friend has a brand new set of extra Rad or Warp9 wheels (not sure, never used) he bought for his Husky TE450 that I was going to fit up to my Beta to have a 3rd set. There was one other thing that was slightly off but I don't recall between the Husky and Beta but don't recall what it was.

RiD3HaRD....you should get enough money out of your DRZ SM wheels that you could maybe get into a set of used Beta SM wheels without too much cash outlay. Even if you can't find used wheels $1200 is worth it in my opinion (of course I'm not the one laying out the cash). Keep in mind with the Beta you will also want the SM kickstand which is shorter and the SM fender. The computer speedo on the Beta is simple to adjust so your speedo will read properly....I have the settings written down somewhere so you can do a quick wheel swap and not have to hassle with getting it set right.

I was told that Beta wheels and other components are KTM spec.

Beta and KTM wheels are close but are not interchangeable, at least not in my '09 Beta. Also the Beta rear wheel brake rotor is larger than the KTM rotor and they also are not interchangeable.

Husky and Beta and some BMW's use Grimeca Hubs.

I would bet Husky is interchangeable with Beta but could not say for sure.

KTM hubs are totally different.

KTM uses the same casting company for engine cases and swingarms so that is why they look very similar.

Beta front hub should be same or very similar to the KTM, they share the same bearings. Rear is completely different.

@ least in my experience 07 Beta 525RR

On 2nd thought, there is a lot more to a hub than the bearing that goes in it....

KTM uses the same casting company for engine cases and swingarms so that is why they look very similar.

Thanks for sharing the info!:smirk:

where are you from OP?

I'm guessing "OP" mean original poster?

If so I'm on long island New York CrfJeff

I'm guessing "OP" mean original poster?

If so I'm on long island New York CrfJeff

Yeah, sorry for the shorthand.

I have the 520RS-sm (supermoto) It's a beast! When I take it to deal's Gap, no one can keep up. I've ridden the KTM's, and I just don't like how they handle. The Beta would be a good choice for performance. Not to mention the SEXY factor that it has. I literally have 10-20 people crowding my bike when I get back every time I park it where there are motorcyclists.

I sort of wish I had gotten the RS and converted it myself. Just because, after riding my Beta, The CRF450R just doesn't do it for me any more. I would rather Motocross my Beta than that thing.

Just so you know, we have a 2011 520RS here in Chattanooga,TN for $7,999.

may be worth the trip. IDK.

423-867-0423

Where are you in NY?

The one who told you that, probably has done the comparison through photographs.

Rear sprocket is same with Husqy (and I think GG), disc I am not sure. NOTHING from a KTM fits, moreover the swingarm's only similarity is the polished part.

The cross section on the Beta (even on the 'lightened' 13s) is easily double than that of KTM s /arm. Only RR125's is similar. dimension-wise.

Beta's engine cases, cylinders and swing arms are being cast in-house. Beta also produces KTM's SX50 and 65 engines