Sign in to follow this  

a little buff goes a long way

spent a few hours buffing my carb and valve covers. i media blasted them the other day, buffed them today. looks nice and didnt cost me a cent.:bonk:

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

pictures dont do them justice

my case after the same media blasting. im not going to polish the cases. for contrast reasons

DSC00731.jpg

Boy now that is some dedication. I guess if it is at about freezing in Michigan you have to resort in polishing up something........... Nice work.

• Like 1

i wasnt going to polish, but since im waiting for my engine and trans bearings, gaskets and seals, i wanted to do something. might sand and polish the swingarm as well. it will go nice with the pipe im going to order. as for freezing here in Michigan...nope. its wet and cold and no snow. no frozen ground either. wish my bike wasn't broke down cause i would be riding right now.

on my KDX I want to sand blast all the aluminum stuff, looks good!

well of course, but the point is they painted ALL of it and its dumb so one day I will get all the paint stripped and it will look awesome like yours!

well of course, but the point is they painted ALL of it and its dumb so one day I will get all the paint stripped and it will look awesome like yours!

pop some before pics up. im curious to see what they did to your bike.

What did you polish the carb with. I want to do it to my Kx125 before finishing the rebuild

you can use a buffing wheel on a dremel with compound, or you can use mothers mag+al polish, that stuff works!

you can use a buffing wheel on a dremel with compound, or you can use mothers mag+al polish, that stuff works!

i used all of the above. started with a buffing wheel, went to the dremel to get the tighter spots than polish to seal it all. the carb turned out good, but the deep areas could use some more work. dont have a small enough buffing wheel.

getting one that small would be hard. I have a set that has individual fibers, if I used like 8 of those I could probably make it work.

im happy with it. once its on the bike and everything mounted up, you wont see the places that are hard to get to. i also buffed all the bolt heads. they look nice and new. making stuff new for free, awsome!:bonk:

bansheedave what your addy sending out alot of parts for ya to polish lol:smirk: