Which fork spring rate do I use?

I have a 2009 YZ 450f. I am a B rider. I race XC, HS & Enduros and weigh 200lbs. The sites say I need .49 fork springs. That falls between. Is it better to go stiffer (.50) or softer (.48)?

Thx

I did the Race Tech calculator and it said I needed .495. I'm going with the .50 as that seems closer than the .48.

I have a 2009 YZ 450f. I am a B rider. I race XC, HS & Enduros and weigh 200lbs. The sites say I need .49 fork springs. That falls between. Is it better to go stiffer (.50) or softer (.48)?

Thx

i got my sons springs last time from a place called DSP springs. Really good deal and were excellent springs. Basically what they use is add 0.1kg or minus for every 10lbs over or under the shock you have now. For forks you add or minus 0.01kg for every 10lbs over your current spring rate. Seemed to work really good for my son. If you go to there website there is some other factors also....www.DSP-racing.com

• Experts

Your bike has 310mm travel in fork. You want a static sag of 43mm(+-2mm) and a rider sag of 77mm (+-2mm). even .48kg sounds heavy. Check your sag numbers. Be sure to check rear also. You have 315mm rear wheel travel. You want 107mm (+-2mm) of rider sag and if it is right you want 35mm static sag. I usually lately have to go down on fork spring and up on rear spring to get the sags like they should be and get the bike to handle as well as it can.

Thx