Sign in to follow this  

Hill Climbing Challenge !!!!!

OK, now that I have your attention :bonk: I have posted several of my videos in the past. I know you are probably thinking I am just tooting my horn, wrong. I post them to hopefully stir up some friendly competition :banana: on the hills. I am getting older :smirk: and I am beginning to have some physical problems which affect my ability. I have met an individual on the internet [ Jar944 on this site ] whom has become an excellent riding companion . I would like to share this experience with some more potential climbers. We do spend a lot of time on the hills but venture out to the trails and have a blast. We mainly ride at Trevorton and the Clearfield, Pa area. If their are any riders in the Pa. area that would like a new riding experience, please contact myself or Jar944 on this site.

Don

Below is a few videos of the area that we play at.

• Like 1

Don, I dont think anyone likes to hill climb anymore.. or the're scared.

Edited by jar944

Don, I dont think anyone likes to hill climb anymore.. or the're scated.

I think that Hill Climbing is like Trials. A Very specialized small segment of off roading. It is not easy to master and takes years of practice to acomplish, similar to Trials Riding. We are just going to have to play on the hills alone. And since I am getting older, I will have to hand the title of King Of Hill Climbing to you. Since I am a Senior Citizen and their does not seem to be anyone interested in challenging me:worthy:

Climbing is still the greatest thrill next to SE?. Wait a minute, at my age it is the greatest thrill :bonk: Ha Ha, Don

I think that Hill Climbing is like Trials. A Very specialized small segment of off roading. It is not easy to master and takes years of practice to acomplish, similar to Trials Riding. We are just going to have to play on the hills alone. And since I am getting older, I will have to hand the title of King Of Hill Climbing to you. Since I am a Senior Citizen and their does not seem to be anyone interested in challenging me:worthy:

Climbing is still the greatest thrill next to SE?. Wait a minute, at my age it is the greatest thrill :smirk: Ha Ha, Don

At my age just throwing a leg over the bike is the greatest thrill well almost.

:bonk:

Yeah Don I would hang up my boots too if I were you! HAHAHA getting old! Hey, still looking forward to a ride in the hills of PA with you. And to make it clear, you know this is not a challenge. I do also hope you get back to Ohio and find some more challenging hills when the leaves are down. Anyway, good luck trying to find someone to challenge you.

Come on all you young hill climbers out there give this guy a challenge.

Tim

Wow, and like many said it is a skill, the hill scare me, something about falling all the way to the bottom. You guys owned it.

Yeah Don I would hang up my boots too if I were you! HAHAHA getting old! Hey, still looking forward to a ride in the hills of PA with you. And to make it clear, you know this is not a challenge. I do also hope you get back to Ohio and find some more challenging hills when the leaves are down. Anyway, good luck trying to find someone to challenge you.

Come on all you young hill climbers out there give this guy a challenge.

Tim

Hello Tim, I sent you a PM a while ago. I thought you were unhappy with me for pushing buttons. { Being a SmartaZZ } :smirk: Ha Ha. Don

im a huge hill climbing fan! i love it! im in the process of converting/restoring an early 90s KX 250 into a climbing bike. im from Pa also great riding

We do lots of them out here, spent hours this past holiday climbing.:smirk:

Ha must be nice to have public legal climbing areas... climbing on any public "state" (or most private) riding areas is forbidden/frowned on. :bonk:

Trevorton is one of the few exceptions.

We have lots of good ones:thumbsup:

Although not as steep as some of ours, it sure looks like a long pull to the top. If we were not so far apart, I would enjoy your area.

Thanks for the link, Don

Jared, what is our steepest and longest hill?

Don

Mile hill is the longest @ 520' run, 322' elevation change and 37 degrees, graver hill is the steepest at 39.5 degrees and 178' elevation change and 273' run.

Also I made an error on the jawbone run length it's a ~870' run.

I have always loved these vids... my friend and I will most definately make the trip down there at least once and would enjoy riding some killer hills with you guys.

Hey Don, I might try and get some of the young guys I ride with to make the trek down there. We are in the Bath/Corning NY area. All are over 30. (Punks)

55 myself. Would like to show them it's not as easy as it looks, they think it is.

Do you find it easier on a big 4 Stroke? Or would a CR500AF work just as well?

hey Perry, my bud and I are further north, but if you guys go, maybe we can link up and caravan down like dirt bike gypsies... both of us are cranky and old too!!