Sign in to follow this  

Motocross are not covered on house insurence

hi

my two motocross bikes and quad got stolen, i would like to inform every one to get them insured seperatly because they are not covered on house or out building insurence, you will not get any thing out of them if stolen, because they are classed as motor veichles , we have tried to dispute because the google definition of a motor viechle is a road veichle transporting people or goods, but they are not for road use. Hope this helps people avoid what i have had happened to me

well its like that in the UK were i live

it might be different over there, but in the US the only thing with wheels they cover is your lawn mower and wheelbarrow

I've heard if you have something torn appart and not running it's covered, ie a car or bike your restoring, but your gonna get the value of scrap

I cannot believe the amount of people who are unaware of this fact. My bike is locked-up miles away in a more secure location than my house, because once the local ingrates saw it at my house I knew it would be targeted.

It is a pain in the butt, but at least I can sleep at night...and travel out of town.

I was convinsed that because outbuildings are insured i thought every thing in the garage would, they caused about 5000 (pounds)worth of damage just to get in, i will be getting seperate insurence if i get another one, this fact should be more actknowladged, if i knew it i would got insurence along time agooo, no safe lock ups by my house more like little public rentable garages,

Most home insurance policies specifically exclude anything with an engine.

My $400 lawnmower isn't worth insuring. My K250 costs about $100 a year for full coverage.

Always read your insurance policy.

im looking to get insured with carole nash when i get a new bike , also wondering is it worth looking into a lockup

Home owner's insurance policies vary. I specifically asked my agent if my dirt bikes were covered. He said yes and directed me to this line in my policy.

HOpolicy.jpg

hi

my two motocross bikes and quad got stolen, i would like to inform every one to get them insured seperatly because they are not covered on house or out building insurence, you will not get any thing out of them if stolen, because they are classed as motor veichles , we have tried to dispute because the google definition of a motor viechle is a road veichle transporting people or goods, but they are not for road use. Hope this helps people avoid what i have had happened to me

well its like that in the UK were i live

Screw insurance companies. Wait a few months and report your canoe, toolbox full of tools, air-compressor and garage stereo-equipment stolen. I screw insurance companies and banks every single chance I get because they do the same.

Most home insurance policies specifically exclude anything with an engine.

My $400 lawnmower isn't worth insuring. My K250 costs about $100 a year for full coverage.

Always read your insurance policy.

My policy covers anything used on the property for property maintenance and upkeep (lawnmower, cart, snowblower, Farmall H, etc), but excludes anything that is recreational (except a boat-IDK why this gets special coverage), and anything that is supposed to be registered (ATV, MC, auto, snowmobile, etc).

I do have my bikes added to my homeowners policy individually. Less than $100 a year to cover the lot.

On similar lines, read the fine print about firearms and jewelery. Many policies have a limit on what they will cover without disclosure. Mine stated $500 in guns. That won't go far.

im looking to get insured with carole nash when i get a new bike , also wondering is it worth looking into a lockup

Anything that makes a thief say "Screw this, it's too much work to steal" is a good idea.:bonk:

Check you policy and buy what you need. My Home owners insurance covers my bikes, my machine tools, the tooling for them, hand tools, spares.. ect,. It is my responsibility to properly document them though. . Hell my home owners policy covers my stuff when im deployed.. Had a lap top damaged in an IED strike 4 years ago replaced, at full market replacement value. Started the process In Kuwait, had a check in hand by day 20 of my leave, returned to Iraq with a new lap top.

Carole nash and MCE insurance insure moto-x bikes at tidy rates in the uk its about £100-£200 as a rough guide depending on your bike and area obviously.

When you say lockup, do you mean self storage unit?

Been there done that. The insurance company told me the same thing. Lucky for me i found my bike next to a warehouse a few days later.

My street bikes are insured with Progressive and I believe they will insure dirt bikes too. I should probably add my dirt bikes to my policy.

My dirt bike is covered for theft though Progressive. Cost me $80 a year.

Then I got a letter from the State asking why I was buying insurance on a bike that is not registered. Called and told them it was an off road vehicle. They said no problem.

I just switched to Progressive as well, better prices than the 2 different companies I had before for my ATV and bike. Much higher coverage too.

• Like 1