Sign in to follow this  

Help with clutch please

Hey I just picked up a 2000 kx250. Noticed tonight messing with it when its in gear and I pull in on the clutch to push the bike It wont move like I didnt even pull in the clutch at all I tryed to adjust it no Diff. Where should I start? I have not yet put the bike in gear with it running. I'm thinking at this point that may not be a good idea lol. thanks for any help hende.

it means the clutch is strong, it has good springs, and typically unless you run it, they will not move the rear wheel when they are cold. start it up and run it up and down the street, it should loosen up a little.

it means the clutch is strong, it has good springs, and typically unless you run it, they will not move the rear wheel when they are cold. start it up and run it up and down the street, it should loosen up a little.

what he said:thumbsup:

Put lighter weight oil in the gearbox, the plates are probably stuck together. I had 20 - 50 in mine and the clutch wouldn't disengage well. I freed up the clutch plates and used ATF. No more problems.

Edited by OTHG_DAVE_925

Put lighter weight oil in the crankcase, the plates are probably stuck together. I had 20 - 50 in mine and the clutch wouldn't disengage well. I freed up the clutch plates and used ATF. No more problems.

So you run atf in the bottom end of your kx? Thanks a ton for the good news on the clutch guys. :bonk: I think I'm happier than that doncing banana :smirk:

So you run atf in the bottom end of your kx? Thanks a ton for the good news on the clutch guys. :bonk: I think I'm happier than that doncing banana :smirk:

yup, thats all i run in my bikes. atf type f. you can get it anywhere cheap:thumbsup:

yup, thats all i run in my bikes. atf type f. you can get it anywhere cheap:thumbsup:

Sweet good to know

ATF for sure ... i was having same problem with clutch drag / plates sticking ... until i used ATF ... works perfect problem solved !

If the atf doesnt work then the plates are probably Glazed and you need to replace them...