Sign in to follow this  

1993 610 wxc

Hey guys, I'm going to go look at a plated '93 610 WXC tomorrow to possibly purchase. Now, I know nothing about these bikes other than I think they look bitchin'. I've been kinda drawn to the TE610 in the past and then this bike was offered to me. What are the things I need to look out for when I inspect it? Is there any quirks I need to be aware of? What are the good and bad points of these bikes?

I did do a search and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks.

I can't help a whole lot, but I picked up a TE570 (same basic motor and similar chassis) recently for the same reason-thinking it was really bitchin' :smirk: Other than fixing a LOT of neglect and sorting out the bugs it has been a fun project and what a cool bike! I've always heard great things about the 610's in terms of reliability, and overall the bike seems very well built and simple to work on I'm sure the 93 is very much the same. So far I've needed a few odds and ends and getting Husqvarna parts has not been a problem yet. I imagine plastics and such might be harder to come by for a 93, but from what I've come to understand a lot of the chassis and motor pieces were used well into the 2000's.

Not saying this forum (TT) isn't a good place for info I just think most of the guy's here have the newer dual cam Husky's...

Cafehusky.com

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156429

Complaints I've heard so far: Delorto carb (finicky), low air box prone to leak in deep water crossings, wet sump system that holds just over a quart-change the oil A LOT!, and girlymen can't adapt to the left kicker :banana:

I'm excited to see how it stacks up to my 426 on the trail. So far I've only rode it on dirt roads near my house. At speed it is VERY stable.... As far as that goes the 570 (610) would destroy my Yamaha in a drag race lol :bonk:

Appreciate it Rot Box and single track.

Went and looked at it and think I'm gonna walk away. It looked way better in the pics he sent me.

Although it started in 2 kicks and sounded okay, the bike just looked not well kept. Rusty chain, couple of oil leaks and just a general lack of maintenance look. Oh well...

Those motors do weep oil thru the gaskets, but nothing harmful and usually not enough to drip, just enough to show with some dust or dirt.

Those motors do weep oil thru the gaskets, but nothing harmful and usually not enough to drip, just enough to show with some dust or dirt.

This one had a little more than that going on, unfortunately.

Nice. Too bad it's at the wrong end of the state. If it was close I'd be making an offer.

hey that bike looks familiar!! Don't forget that these older big block single cams can still rock. And this one is TE610 version.

_DSC1080.jpg

Robert, you wouldn't be heading up towards Eureka any time soon, would ya? :smirk:

truth is I have her for sale, but for the price that can be had for her,,, I am hoping to find a way to stow (hide from wife!!) and keep her as a older model mistress. I love the racing pedigree and classic old school enduro type handling of these older single cammers. These things are so underated over here in US moto world. So to answer the Eureka question.......no, I am sunconciously making her harder to sell (but dont tell anyone that). My heavily modded 08 TXC450 is definitly for sale though, but shes not a DS bike.

truth is I have her for sale, but for the price that can be had for her,,, I am hoping to find a way to stow (hide from wife!!) and keep her as a older model mistress. I love the racing pedigree and classic old school enduro type handling of these older single cammers. These things are so underated over here in US moto world. So to answer the Eureka question.......no, I am sunconciously making her harder to sell (but dont tell anyone that). My heavily modded 08 TXC450 is definitly for sale though, but shes not a DS bike.

Good man Rob! Every Husky Head needs a single cammer in the stable. :smirk: