Sign in to follow this  

250F or 450F

ive had my 08 ktm 250sxf for a year nd a half now and im stuck if i wanna move up to a 450 or get another 250. i love how light and the handeling of a 250 but the raw power of a 450 is so convinient. i do race mx, just thought id here from people who have been in this longer than me to here yalls thoughts....no 350s though :bonk:

well if it helps, i just sold my 07 kx450f and bought a 07 ktm 250sxf, i love the 250, for me it more fun to ride and easier to ride more aggresive. i felt like i was along for the ride on the 450, 250 more in control. i do mostly mx and some trails

Well I can personally tell you from my experience's with a 250f is that the bikes are fun and have good power nothing like a 450f and the 250f are extremely light unless like the 450f. Me personally I choice the 450f over the 250f just because I wanted more power, but looking at it now I think the 250f would have been a better fit becaue I can manuever the 250f so much easier than a 450f. I am not regreting getting my 2012 crf450r but I can see why someone would pick a 250f over a 450f.

i would buy a 250f for the same reason everyone else has mentioned, powers pretty decent and they are light and you can put them anywhere, but you could also look at a 250 2 stroke, thats inbetween a 250f and a 450f and there still light bikes, i'll never give mine up