Sign in to follow this  

Real bad depression, possibly from a recent surgery

Pumpkin, I was recently feeling much the same way, plus nervous itching, or so I thought. Depressed and tired, all I wanted to do is sleep. I did a lot of internet research and concluded from symtoms I could have anything from aids to yeast infections dragging me down and causing nervous itch. On hunch I tried a different soap from what we have been using for months, and virtually overnight I felt much better, got my energy and attitude back. Turns out I am allergic to some ingredient in Dial soap and the side effects of that were killing me. Whoda thunk it?

I really wouldn't have dreamed that to be a possibility, though I do have known chemical allergies, if I hadn't taken a clue from an online comment I read.

Just saying, don't give up hope and keep an open mind, explore all possibilities. I can not believe how good I feel now, and it has only been 3 day since discovery. Three days ago I was seriously depressed and sure I had some dread disease or mental issues, or at least new ones, even contemplated the possibility of suicide.

Hope you have a similar discovery in your future.

Many people who think they are depressed have high blood sugar from onset diabetes. It gives you that lazy un motivated feeling like after your eat a big meal. Many women are quick to run to the shrink and end up on prozak or similar, when in reality they are type 2 diabetics and don't know it.

• Like 2

Wow, I had totally forgotten about this thread. I'm in a little different situation now though. My stepfather is on his deathbed at home right now. Almost 4 weeks with out any nourishment, he got fed from a tube that was in his gut. He was diagnosed with panreatic cancer 29 months ago. What makes me just furious is that it isn't the cnacer that killing him, it was all the treatments, chemo. radiation beam therapy, etc.....

Little Jeff

sorry to hear that Jeff, My dad just passed feb22 after a couple years of lousy life. Know some of what your going through right now, having just delt with it. If you wanna talk

about it let me know.

I can identity. I had an accident at work which led to shoulder surgery after trying 4 months of therapy. Post op I was told I could ride in about two months. Seven months later I still could not put my wallet in my pocket or...wipe. at 9 months it hurt so bad I asked the Dr to take it off. Finally after another surgery I have started my bike and rode it twice. I am most sad that I let the pain get me down and gave up a ton of strength while gaining weight.....but its all turning around and coming together. I figure without bad days, I would not be able to appreciate the good ones. Keep your chin up, hit the gym and you will be half way there.

Wow, I had totally forgotten about this thread. I'm in a little different situation now though. My stepfather is on his deathbed at home right now. Almost 4 weeks with out any nourishment, he got fed from a tube that was in his gut. He was diagnosed with panreatic cancer 29 months ago. What makes me just furious is that it isn't the cnacer that killing him, it was all the treatments, chemo. radiation beam therapy, etc.....

Little Jeff

I have an aunt that Ive pretty much lived with my whole life and she was diagnosed with leukemia, weird thing was she was the absolutely most fit person and she always ate healthy. She just finished her last chemo and it looks like it pretty much ate her. She lost all her muscle, hair, and she has a hard time walking. Its the saddest thing i have ever seen. The chemo really does destroy the body.

Thanks for the replies guys. Bill, I'll call you soon. It's just a waiting game now. Not that I want my stepdad to pass, but I'll be glad when all this blows over.

Little Jeff