Sign in to follow this  

Tires/sprockets for street

I'm looking for a set of tires and sprockets to put on my 03 CR250 for the street. All the tires I've found are pretty knobby, are there any that fit oem rims that are 100% for the street? Also I'm looking for taller gearing, I'm not looking to go on the freeway or anything. I just want to go down back roads and not have the engine screaming. What is the tallest gearing I can run?

Shinko 705 tires

15/46 gearing

Worked well with my af500 on 21/18 rimz.

Works awesome w the 17's im running now

Yeah I know 17's would be better for the street but this is more just to play around on. I have an R6 for the street, I bought this for the dirt. I just think it would be fun to ride to work sometimes.

I run metzeler tourance there like a 80%street/20%dirt cuz I never pass up a rip down a dirt road! they are good on the street as well.

Motosports.com has so kenda tires that work fine they are in the cruzer tires and are both front tires but they work fine. I got 15/47 on my cre with 17s on it it flys

15t front sprocket. Depending on how fast you want to go, 45, 46, or 47 rear sprocket. I know firsthand that a 15 / 47 ratio will get you well over the speed limit on a CR250 and you will still have some acceleration.