Sign in to follow this  

Why does sometimes my front end just drop immediately?

Sometimes this happens and sometimes it's nice and level. I haven't been jumping very long so it is still pretty new. I think I may know what it was I just wanted to confirm, I think that when I am coming to the lip of the jump I am letting off of the throttle at the last second. Is this probably the cause?

Are you on a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke? 4 strokes have more of a tendency to drop the front end because of the weight and the engine braking. But even if you are on a 2 stroke you still have to blip the throttle a little bit on the face of the jump. That is the main reason there are kickers on the face of the jumps. Just give it a little gas right before you leave the ground.

Are you on a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke? 4 strokes have more of a tendency to drop the front end because of the weight and the engine braking. But even if you are on a 2 stroke you still have to blip the throttle a little bit on the face of the jump. That is the main reason there are kickers on the face of the jumps. Just give it a little gas right before you leave the ground.

I ride a 2 stroke and I will see if that helps.

what said above, and when you're in the air pull up on the bars a little, not much or you'll be too high, on the other hand, jumps going into corners you want to plant that front tire first to start the turn,

takes practice to get the timing just right for different situations.

what said above, and when you're in the air pull up on the bars a little, not much or you'll be too high, takes practice to get the timing just right.

Ha the hardest part of it all is trying to wait until there are little or no people on the track. I go to a trail place but in the middle of all the trails there is actually a motocross track and it isn't bad, pretty well maintained for its location and sometimes there are so many people on it (most of the time) that it is not much fun cuz it is just to crowded.

Ha the hardest part of it all is trying to wait until there are little or no people on the track. I go to a trail place but in the middle of all the trails there is actually a motocross track and it isn't bad, pretty well maintained for its location and sometimes there are so many people on it (most of the time) that it is not much fun cuz it is just to crowded.
maybe find another place, most tracks have classes in practice so you're on a level field of skill, wait till you have alot of room, and just keep practicing, concentrate on the form, tabletops are perfect to practice on............need to add, shift your body back a little too, this also willl raise the front end.

chopping the throttle on the face or lip will do it every time! As you get more experience you will learn to use this for certain types of jumps that tend to throw you nose high.