Sign in to follow this  

Four Strokes and Spark Arrestors

I was driving through some tight single track today, sometimes no track, just forging a trail sometimes through brush. I was sitting high and proud of my newly installed spark arrestor but noticed my bike smelled an awful lot like cooking herbs every time I would go through some brush lol. A few minutes later my friend goes "your bike is smoking" I looked down and some pine straw and a twig sitting on top of the header burst into flame. That left me thinking... ***... why do I even have a spark arrestor if my header sets everything on fire?

I was driving through some tight single track today, sometimes no track, just forging a trail sometimes through brush. I was sitting high and proud of my newly installed spark arrestor but noticed my bike smelled an awful lot like cooking herbs every time I would go through some brush lol. A few minutes later my friend goes "your bike is smoking" I looked down and some pine straw and a twig sitting on top of the header burst into flame. That left me thinking... ***... why do I even have a spark arrestor if my header sets everything on fire?

Just ride your 500.

More environmentally friendly that way:smirk:

Only issue being the WR can drive its self there down the highway. I had no idea how awesome and what a convenience that was until I experienced it! loading, parking, unloading, filling the truck up with gas, etc... :bonk: