Sign in to follow this  

fox v3 or bell moto 9

Hey guys, looking to get a new helmet and am choosing between these 2. I have a bell moto 8 at the moment and they are comfy but there is something about the fox v3 shape i just like.

What is better between the 2.

thanks

Bell's are great helmets. I was working on a sponsorship deal with them a few years back and had the privilege of running the older bell MX helmet (forgot the model but I think it was the 8) and really liked it. I thought the jawbox was a bit small and the visor mounting was strange, but over-all it fit great and the finish was perfect.

Recently I helped a friend buy a new helmet, we went with a Fox V3 because they were on sale and he didn't have the money to buy a better helmet. Meh, I wasn't too enthralled with it at all, the fitment was poor and it wasn't very comfortable to wear compared to the Bell. Usually on-track, its hard to tell how comfortable things are as you're too busy thinking about riding. But needless to say, I would pick up the Bell over the Fox any day.

One more thing you've gotta remember is; Arai, Shoei, Bell, AGV, Suomy, etc... those guys make helmets, thats all they do. Fox is a "fashion" company like Fly and they design the external look of an XYZ product, then have some Asian company make the product. Why would you trust your life to a product made my someone who put in the lowest bid! If it weren't for the fact Arai helmets don't fit me well, I'd have Arai's because they ARE the best helmet in the world. I wound up going with Shoei because they would sponsor me and there helmets fit me perfectly. I really think the VFX-W is the best motocross helmet ever made, though it comes at a price.

Thanks heaps mate ill look into the Bell one abit more than.

Can get one at $400 which isnt to bad.

Thanks

Meh, I wasn't too enthralled with it at all, the fitment was poor and it wasn't very comfortable to wear compared to the Bell. Usually on-track, its hard to tell how comfortable things are as you're too busy thinking about riding. But needless to say, I would pick up the Bell over the Fox any day.

Couldn't say it better myself. The V3 looks really good, but that's it. I find the V3 very uncomfortable.

The Bell is Snell 2010

The v3 is Snell 2005

Fox is rumored to have a snell2010 v4 coming soon.

Yeah, anyone got any news about the V4? Reed and Barcia have tested the V4 for a couple of months. Reed said that the V4 was "Soo awesome". It looks pretty good so i hope it hits the stores soon and is better than the V3.