Sign in to follow this  

The XR650 - the epitome of man

Would you not agree that the XR650 is the most masculine motorcycle of all? Even the name sounds like something that could fight a bull bare-handed.

Are you obsessed with your 650? Why do you like it? Ever been told you're a badass for riding one?

If we are talking about the R .... HELL YEA

The L not so much ..

But the R is an animal on or off the rd ... i love that it is kick start only ......only real men

If we are talking about the R .... HELL YEA

The L not so much ..

But the R is an animal on or off the rd ... i love that it is kick start only ......only real men

Only real men only kick start. For sure. I like L though, it seems more usable around town :bonk: but maybe that's my feminine side!!! :smirk:

L's a great bike but here in Aus our xrr's are rd ready so why bother with the L other than the fag button its a farm bike IMO

• Like 1

other then the 600 having more hp I would agree they (xr's) are a great bang for the buck bike without having to spend big money on something like a 511 husky

L's a great bike but here in Aus our xrr's are rd ready so why bother with the L other than the fag button its a farm bike IMO

Yeah it's gotta be "street legal" to be street legal here.

yes I think the xrs are bad ass even my big heavy L can hang with an r or what ever you have,as long as your not a pro..lol, you r guys shouldn't rip on the L guys, how fast you can ride is not all about the bike,most is ride skill, sure i would love to have a lighter bike,power on mine is fine once the wheel is spinning all that extra power is useless anyway,but the reliability of a honda is untouchable ( unless toyota ever builds a bike) and yes people do comment when i ride single track with my tank.:bonk:

Would you not agree that the XR650 is the most masculine motorcycle of all?

Not trying to start trouble here but. Have you ever rode a 2 stroke 500cc mx bike? Around 60HP and weighs around 240lbs, no clutch power wheelies in 5 gear. you can climb hills that you can't walk up.

Edited by zx12r

Not trying to start trouble here but. Have you ever rode a 2 stroke 500cc mx bike? Around 60HP and weighs around 240lbs, no clutch power wheelies in 5 gear. you can climb hills that you can't walk up.

Actually, yes! A guy gave me his CR500 to ride for a little bit. Great fast bike, but it's very very comparable to the masculinity of an XR650. Especially when it comes down to long huals (which we all know are manly) a CR ain't gettin' nowhere with a hole in it's piston :smirk:

yes I think the xrs are bad ass even my big heavy L can hang with an r or what ever you have,as long as your not a pro..lol, you r guys shouldn't rip on the L guys, how fast you can ride is not all about the bike,most is ride skill, sure i would love to have a lighter bike,power on mine is fine once the wheel is spinning all that extra power is useless anyway,but the reliability of a honda is untouchable ( unless toyota ever builds a bike) and yes people do comment when i ride single track with my tank.:bonk:

Didn't Toyota sponsor JS7 this year? I want them to make a bike for some reason... Like a scooter, but with a semi-auto tranny (does that sound wrong to you...?) a step through frame and dual sport tires :smirk: be like the Camry of bikes.

+1 Amen brother!

Actually, yes! A guy gave me his CR500 to ride for a little bit.

Taking one for a little test ride doesn't count. Learning to control the beast under full throttle is the hard part, and that takes many hours in the dirt. No holes in my piston.

I Ride a cr500 ... great bike ...its an older model a 85 i think .. its the first of the rear disc

Goes like a shower of shit ..it truly is a hang-on machine

would i swap it for my xrr ...Not while my arse points to the ground

and im yet to see a guy who could ride the cr at full tilt and be totally in control

infact im yet to see a xrr at full noise whilst under control

I aint talking a straight line either

Anyways if its red and was made by honda .. its gotta be a good thing

Taking one for a little test ride doesn't count. Learning to control the beast under full throttle is the hard part, and that takes many hours in the dirt. No holes in my piston.

Not dissing on the all mighty CR500 (and KX500...) by any means, but the two bikes are made for different purposes. And *personally* I believe the Baja 1000 is more masculine than hillclimb competitions.

Just my opinion! You may choose to have yours, but in the end they're both very very masculine motorcycles.

I Ride a cr500 ... great bike ...its an older model a 85 i think .. its the first of the rear disc

Goes like a shower of shit ..it truly is a hang-on machine

would i swap it for my xrr ...Not while my arse points to the ground

and im yet to see a guy who could ride the cr at full tilt and be totally in control

infact im yet to see a xrr at full noise whilst under control

I aint talking a straight line either

Anyways if its red and was made by honda .. its gotta be a good thing

True that, I would really like to try and tame an XR650 sometime :smirk:

True that, I would really like to try and tame an XR650 sometime :bonk:

I try but every yr i get older ... butthat dam bike pulls like it was built yesterday .....great fun and a bike i will never ride to its full potential

:smirk:

I try but every yr i get older ... butthat dam bike pulls like it was built yesterday .....great fun and a bike i will never ride to its full potential

:lol:

:lol::smirk::bonk:

There is nothing quiet like the looks you get when your at a gas station and your out there kicking a 650r, sometimes I hope it doesn't crank