Anybody LOCAL (NC 28103 zip) interested in working on my bike for cash or parts?

I would like someone knowledgeable to kinda check my bike over now during the winter so that it's ready to ride. I ride it even now but thought it might be a good time to get it looked at.

Just go over stuff like cleaning it out/carb, checking all the fluids, check the gears, grease and clean cables and other maintenance stuff like greasing links, bolts and so on.

Anyone interested? I can pay depending on the amount or I can trade for DRZ-400s parts that I have including seats, headlights, original suspension and prolly some other stuff.

I'm in Marshville, NC.

Please, do NOT respond with advice on what I should do or how to do it. I DO NOT know how to do this stuff and I do NOT WANT to do it.

I suck at this and would like someone that knows this and is totally comfortable with the bike to check it over.

It's an 07.

I don't think it starts as easy as it did when I bought it last year so that's one of the things I want to have checked.

Tried this in the regional forum but didn't get much response.

I have some skills of my own to trade with including languages, graphics and webdesign and I also have OTHER things to trade with.

Oh, and if someone IS interested, I'd like someone that has good reputation HERE and that people know has the skills. I'm saying this

ahead of time as I don't want to insult anyone but I HAVE had lots of problems locally with people claiming they will do or can do something

and in the end, I always get screwed. (NOT bike people, just in general)

Thanks

George

You'll get a response on Craigslist...there, their guaranteed to be local, and to tell you the truth, cleaning a carb and basic stuff you want done, any basic moto mechanic can do that. Post on cl, on here its just a clutter no disrespect.

THe Craigslist option means having to trust someone with my bike that I know nothing about. At least here people have a reputation and have been around for years. Also one of the reasons I bought my bike from one of the guys here.

I like your honest approach, I can pretty much do what I want with my DRZ, sometimes with a friends help, but damn the computer, I dont sit in front of one all day long, so the curve has always been a challenge. I DONT want to learn how to fix a pc, but I sure like using them, good luck with your quest,

Yes and no Martin. I want someone that knows the DRZ well and not someone that's gonna do work that's generic for any dirt bike so to speak and also, I want someone that will find any small problems (if any) because they're used to the bike and yes, money problems too.

It sounds like you just want someone to go over the bike with wrenching skills. Just a decent wrench that knows bikes. No real need to be DRZ specific, dirt bikes are pretty basic and similar. Nothing special about greasing bearings, cleaning carb, inspecting chain, cables and such.

+1 ?

to tell you the truth, cleaning a carb and basic stuff you want done, any basic moto mechanic can do that.

It sounds like you just want someone to go over the bike with wrenching skills. Just a decent wrench that knows bikes. No real need to be DRZ specific, dirt bikes are pretty basic and similar. Nothing special about greasing bearings, cleaning carb, inspecting chain, cables and such.

You're prolly right but I don't really know anyone around here and although I'm sure my local bike shop knows their stuff, I don't have the money it would cost me but yeah, I WOULD feel more comfortable with someone knowing this bike.