Sign in to follow this  

Golden Spectro 50:1 oil vs. Manufacturers Recommendations

Golden Spectro states in it reccomendation "Use according to motorcycle manufacturers’ recommendations, or at 50:1" So which is it 50:1 or 30:1, like Yamaha states?

Edited by Mark6299

Pretty immature for a 44 year old man...:smirk:

Save us all a little time and just call the sales rep and tell us were all wrong based on info from a guy who knows no more about the product then we do... save us all the headache.

Anyways, the answer to your question is to run at 50:1 because its "concentrated"!!!:banana::lol::bonk:

Pretty immature for a 44 year old man...:smirk:

Save us all a little time and just call the sales rep and tell us were all wrong based on info from a guy who knows no more about the product then we do... save us all the headache.

Anyways, the answer to your question is to run at 50:1 because its "concentrated"!!!:banana::lol::bonk:

For asking a question? What the heck? Sorry I asked.

No because your just stirring the pot at this point... Refer to your Amsoil thread in case you forgot.

Really? Stirring the pot? So let me get this straight, if I have a question about say a wheel bearing or a radiator problem and post my question, then I am never again allowed to ask a similar question again? That sounds a little strange. So who should be in charge of which questions are acceptable? In this case I am interested in what Golden Spectro has to say about the recommendations regarding oil mix ratios. Perhaps other people do not want to read through the many pages of great information presented in an Amsoil related thread but are interested in a Golden Spectro oil related thread, as I am, then by your standards this is not allowed. Or are you suggesting that a question about Golden Spectro oil mix ratios should be asked at the end of a thread related to Amsoil oil mix ratios? In that case, that question would be buried and never be answered. I don't really understand that logic. If you don't like the topics posted then I would suggest you pass over them and move onto some other thread. This way it will not waste too much of your time. And until you become a Moderator I suggest you keep you out of line comments to yourself.

Really? Stirring the pot? So let me get this straight, if I have a question about say a wheel bearing or a radiator problem and post my question, then I am never again allowed to ask a similar question again? That sounds a little strange. So who should be in charge of which questions are acceptable? In this case I am interested in what Golden Spectro has to say about the recommendations regarding oil mix ratios. Perhaps other people do not want to read through the many pages of great information presented in an Amsoil related thread but are interested in a Golden Spectro oil related thread, as I am, then by your standards this is not allowed. Or are you suggesting that a question about Golden Spectro oil mix ratios should be asked at the end of a thread related to Amsoil oil mix ratios? In that case, that question would be buried and never be answered. I don't really understand that logic. If you don't like the topics posted then I would suggest you pass over them and move onto some other thread. This way it will not waste too much of your time. And until you become a Moderator I suggest you keep you out of line comments to yourself.

Lol whatever you say bud... I see you edited your original post and deleted the second after I called you out. Why not leave it the way it was? Oh thats right.... I was right after all and your trying to cover up:bonk: If your post was serious, put the original content back in and see how many serious answers you get.

No need to be a moderator to call someone out on thier BS.:smirk: This site has enough non sense threads already.

ftball90 whats yur issue. thats what this service is for. asking questions. jerk. always a moron around.

Lol like I said... you didnt see his original post. I wasnt being a jerk. If it was a legitimate question I would have answered appropriately.

that's why you always use the QUOTE feature, they cant edit that one

Didnt think of that at the time... lol I wont forget next time though.

Guess I'm the bad guy this time. FWIW: I was a legitimate participant in his Amsoil thread and learned alot of great info from it.

Anyway. Why would Golden make a statement like that? Are they just trying to cover their butts or did they get enough negative feedback from people who know nothing about oils, other than what they read somewhere, and just decided it wasn't worth the headache? Then they basically state that you could use the oil, as proven to work very well, at 50:1 or at what ever ratio you want. That's what it sounds like to me. As a side note, there are a very few people have their minds set on their beliefs and will simply find information to back it up, but at the same time just ignore the information that does not support what they believe.

For asking a question? What the heck? Sorry I asked.

The thread about amsoils recommendations vs Yamaha recommendation coverts the problem or not? So why asking about Golden Spectrum vs Yamaha recommendations? So far I understood the premix relation is based on riding style and usage. Hard usage around 28:1 and soft users get away with 50 or even 60:1. So far I know trial bikes run with around 100:1 no high revvs there I suppose.

Anyway. Why would Golden make a statement like that? Are they just trying to cover their butts or did they get enough negative feedback from people who know nothing about oils, other than what they read somewhere, and just decided it wasn't worth the headache? Then they basically state that you could use the oil, as proven to work very well, at 50:1 or at what ever ratio you want. That's what it sounds like to me. As a side note, there are a very few people have their minds set on their beliefs and will simply find information to back it up, but at the same time just ignore the information that does not support what they believe.

Id have to think it is a ploy to sell thier product. Just as alot of other companies use similar ploys to make thier product stand out. Can it work at 50:1, yes as long as cetrain circumstances are met... can the same oil (Golden Spectro for example) work at 32:1 yes. It all depends on your riding condition and type. With appropriate jetting to back it up.

An example of this would be using your bike for a wide variety of riders with different skill levels. A top pro like RD,CR, RV, or JS would need significantly more oil to produce sufficient lubrication than myself under the same circumstances. However, your theory may be correct, it may not have been worth the hassle trying to explain to everyone what the scientific reasoning was. There are strong points to each argument. Just like the Amsoil thread... I did my own tests and did not have sufficient oil volume in the crank which meant I needed more oil than 40:1 could provide me to ensure proper lubrication of all moving parts.

See Im not always a "jerk".:smirk:

So which is it 50:1 or 30:1, like Yamaha states?

Whichever you prefer.

If you learned anything from your other thread you'll realize that premix ratio often just boils down to matter of opinion. If you want to run 50:1, run 50:1. If you want to run 30:1, run 30:1.

There's plenty of info out there about the testing, science, and technical explanations about premix ratios. Seems to go largely ignored though.

If you look back at the other thread and the oil table that was posted you'll see nothing appears "concentrated" about Golden Spectro. Specific gravity is inline with most the other oils, and viscosity isn't exceptionally high.

You have to remember, a lot of this is just marketing, plain and simple. Most people know next to nothing about oil of any kind, and will go by what's on the bottle. If brand X says mix 32:1 and brand Y says mix 50:1, to most people that means brand Y MUST be a superior oil.

Unfortunately it's hard to know what's better or worse of an oil, as formulations are confidential, and test specs don't mean much when it's just a pass/fail system. Did one oil barely squeak by while another exceeded the standard by 10 fold? This is where there's much trust in what has worked in the past, magic 8 ball advice, etc.

Thanks for your consideration... Am I getting picked on for a reason here? Guess I really am the bad guy in this forum. I could be that guy.

I could care less what anyone runs, I never once said that the premix wouldnt work at 50:1 or that it was a bad idea. Just as you guys think that my opinion is biased, I think others are biased as well as you also chose what you want to believe. There is heaps of factual info on both sides of the argument that can be proven and have been tested in the past. Im just trying to say that what works for one person may or may not work for another. At the end of the day you have to do your own research and decide what you want to believe and go with it. If you chose to read what is typed on an internet forum without facts to back it up then so be it.

Just trying to give a veiw from both sides. I agree with both sides to a point as well. That fluff in the beginning had nothing to do with oil or making me happy. Anyways, back on topic. Anyways, go on with the debate... the same info will be posted in this thread as was posted in the Amsoil thread. Likely word for word... and most of it will be overlooked and argued and most wont change thier minds no matter what evidence backs the info up.

has anyone proven less oil lubricates better and makes your parts last longer?

I thought not

has anyone proven less oil lubricates better and makes your parts last longer?

I thought not

Save your breath (fingers)... thats been beat to death in the Amsoil thread as well but its not true because the bottle and rep. say otherwise.

Save your breath (fingers)... thats been beat to death in the Amsoil thread as well but its not true because the bottle and rep. say otherwise.

a rep actually said less oil lubricates better?