Sign in to follow this  

06 450R mods?

what are some popular mods for this bike?

thinking about some different offset triple clamps (stock is 24mm i believe)

suspension revalve (works good but dam these forks are harsh!!)

exhaust....MRD?? is it worth the money? i want to get some more power out of this thing so maybe some head porting??

thanks guys let me know about your opinions! i bought this bike used preety recently for 2 grand and spent some more money bringing it up to my standards.....new pads, bars, sprockets, chain, wheel bearings etc now im looking to pimp it out!!!!

there are a lot of ways to get more power porting is a good choice and it should yield up to 5hp, and a cam along with a high compression piston also gives the bike more power the mrd exhaust is great and the price is cheaper than most. the quality is top notch.what type of riding should determine the choices you make but the suspension is one of the things that most people start out with.

porting, high compression piston and a cam will give it a kick in the pants. my 06 is completely modded(by me) too many things to list and there is no comparison to a stock 450. its just plain unfair.

forsure! my motor can probly wait for now...gonna have my suspension done by someone local and get some new tires

im gonna go with a 13:1 piston, new cam, and hopefully an exhaust to compliment it.

whats a good piston and cam to get?

im wanting to go with OEM, thinking about the 08 piston and cam

forsure! my motor can probly wait for now...gonna have my suspension done by someone local and get some new tires

im gonna go with a 13:1 piston, new cam, and hopefully an exhaust to compliment it.

whats a good piston and cam to get?

im wanting to go with OEM, thinking about the 08 piston and cam

go with a CP project X piston and a stage 2 hotcam. amazing combo that has been extremely good to me