Sign in to follow this  

Big oil leak

Hi all,

basicallly it's like this, I put the bike back together after a few years gathering dust. the bike runs fine, no leaks, when stationary but when moving oi pisses out of the return pipe, bottom left of the engine to the top of the frame from the top of the rubber piece.

Does anyone know where to start looking, it wasn't overfilled or anything like that?:smirk:

Many thenks

Steve

Hi all,

basicallly it's like this, I put the bike back together after a few years gathering dust. the bike runs fine, no leaks, when stationary but when moving oi pisses out of the return pipe, bottom left of the engine to the top of the frame from the top of the rubber piece.

Does anyone know where to start looking, it wasn't overfilled or anything like that?:smirk:

Many thenks

Steve

Sounds like it was overfilled :bonk: No really.. Let me guess, it sat, you worked on it, checked the oil dip stick, it was way low, you added oil till it showed full.. And now it is pissing oil out the frame tank vent line?

Dry sump system, oil drains out of the tank and in to the motor after a bit (just days)... Tank shows Low or empty till the bike if fully warmed up, then stopped, and let rest for a few minutes.

if your sure that's not the issue because YOU drained the bike Completely and refilled. Please post a picture of where you think the oil is leaking from.

Clean oil pan, drain oil from motor AND frame tank. Bet you get more then 1800cc