Sign in to follow this  

Can someone help me jet my bike?

Its an 05 YZ250F. Bone stock jetting. Temp is dropping to 50* +/-. Humidity averages 75%. Altitude is sea level. Bikes starting run lean. Fuel screw out 3+turns. Running high test. Is the pilot and main jet the only 2 I should go richer on? Im not sure what the leak jet does. I dont know it the pilot air jet need to be changed w/ the pilot ect. The only 2 things I know for sure is what the pilot, needle position and main jet handle.

Go up one size on the pilot and main jets. That should get you close for the lower temps. Don't worry about any other jets.

If throttle response is lacking, move the clip on the needle down 1-2 grooves (raise the needle).

If you're at 3+ turns on your fuel screw, you should bump the jet a size and use less turns. Hot cold whatever, if you run it that far out it could rattle out.

If you're also having trouble starting, you could also try going up a size on the enricher jet, that's the one opposite the pilot jet.

The leak jet controls how much fuel gets leaked back into the bowl when you hit the accelerator pump. Bigger leak = less squirt. You probably don't need to mess with it too much to do temperature changes.

I've read somewhere on here that running the fuel screw out so far might be a problem. I'm actually fixin' to take the bike out somewhere other then my back yard hopefully this weekend for the first time. Just got it recently and wanted to bring it up to par before i did, hence the jetting question. Thanks guys for ur input. I'll give ur advise a go!