Sign in to follow this  

Gopro vid?

So I got a gopro for Cristmas and found out yesterday that I am not smarter than the camera. It was recording when I thought it was off and off when I thought it was recording. On the up side I have 45 mins of ridding that I want to break up into shorter clips and share with the world. However I am having some problems. The video isn't smooth like others when it plays from my computer. How can I fix that? Also what can I use to break up the video into smaller segments? I don't think anyone wants to watch 45 mins of me ridding unless you want to see what not to do over and over again. :smirk: Either way rode for about 4 hrs yesterday and had a great time.

I do have 14 mins of my helmet sitting on the back of my truck while I was on break. :bonk:

Hopefully videos to follow.

Any editing software can do it, you just have to learn it, as for the smoothness, youre computer may not be able to handle it, but if you export it correctly, other people can see it fine....

If you have windows then try playing them in the media player (right click, then open with and select media player) that fixed it on my old computer cause for some reason quicktime would be really choppy & get caught up in itself. And for editing if you have windows then download "windows live movie maker" and that will let you do all the simple trimming & cutting you need. And it lets you slow down the video if your shooting in 60/ 120fps. Those are what I always use

I use Windows Live Movie Maker for editing too. If you have Windows 7, it should already be in your software package. Vista, you'll probably have to download it.

What exactly do you mean by your "video isn't smooth"? Possibly a mount issue/

As stated before. Find an editing program, learn it, and use it. Windows movie maker is fine for real basic stuff like trimming adding text, slo-mo, and basic transitions.

The "choppiness" or "smoothness" of the playback on your computer can be caused by a lot of things. Monitor display specs, monitor or display settings, video card specs/drivers, incomparable codecs, video player (generic term) driver/codecs Displaying HD video playback is touch and go with all the different file types, compression rates and codecs that are being used right now. Nothing is standardized at the moment.

Just play around with different media players for playback of the raw files. In post production you can choose your compression rate, file type and a host of other settings to optimize its playback in many environments depending on the software you choose. It is a lot of trial and error in the beginning if your new to video and or "HD" video.

Thanks guys appreciate your help. Just played it again and it worked fine. Gonna try to chop it up into different pieces so I can share.