Airoh Helmet

Hi

Had a chat on the trail with a guy who had a Airoh Stelt helmet. I tried it on, and I could barely feel any weight. I look at my own HJC in disgust. My neck was already sore from all day riding. It feels like a brick after trying the Airoh. My HJC is Snell-rated, which I read is overkill. I think riding with fatique sore neck will more likely cause an accident. The guy said he bought it from bike-something-dot-com. I forgot what he said. I didn't try to remember because I thought I would just use Goggle to find it. But I can't seem to find anyone reputable selling Airoh. I don't want to buy from Ebay. I want to buy from a reputatable American company.

• Like 1

i can highly recommend the airoh stelth. i have two.

+1 I've had mine for a year now. Love it! Lightweit, good looking, comfortable. Excellent product.

Had a couple of Shoei before my Airoh and consider the Airoh one of the best helmets I've ever owned. Bought it off ebay through dirtbikexpress. I got the helmet faster than 90% of the other stuff I have bought off ebay and it came from over seas. No US dealers that I know of.

I'm just worried about having to exchange it because of size. Intenerational shipping must be expensive.

Considering how many people in US complain about heavy helmet, I'm surprised there's no one here selling them. You'd think these would sell like hotcakes.

I want a aviator before summer, but 500 $ is out of my budget for a while

I bought an aviator from dirtbike express 3 or 4 months ago. I would reccomend dirtbike express its the best price. The helmet is awsome. For fit I went down to the local shop and tried on all helmets found out I like an XL 61-63cm so I ordered it and it fits perfect.

The only downside of this helmet is, it does not work with my evs neck brace.

I'd love one too, but these helmets dont pass our road regulations so wearing one i can get done if pulled over, and also if something was to happen insurance could come back at me.

I wish they sold them here too, id get one right now.

listen here is an advice, i have an airoh stelt and i do own a Bell moto 9 as well..regarding weight im all in with the airoh, u can barely feel it but they r not really comfortable (inside fabric bla bla but heard the aviators r better) regarding the moto 9 there is no comparison even though bell is a bit heavier (0.5 kg to be exact) its a world of difference regarding comfort durability and use..REGARDING SAFETY, i crashed wearing both helmets directly on my head, 1 month ago i have crashed wearing the airoh, a small single jump, track was in crap condition, had a kick on the take off and landed side ways, it wasnt really big if u see it, but to me the whole world just spun outta control and it was so painful it gave me a mild concussion, Bell on the other hand, i crash yesterday for the first time wearing Bell, it was a small double jump landed wrong could not control the bike and it just threw me directly on my head..im not gonna lie it was painful, but it was not even as close as what i felt from Airoh, i could get up yeah i was dizzy i got my bike up turned it on and left the track, relaxed for a bit, and rode again.

i would not even wear the Airoh no matter how light it is, its not safe and its not worth it. Pay a bit more get a Bell or a shoei..if ur neck hurts , Train harder ! Wear a neck brace ! they r not only made for protection..u use it to relax a bit on turned and certain straights, u still get pains? ur suspension is not right, there are so many things u can do to limit the fatigue, but ive kissed my bell helmet 300 times since yesterday from how good it is !

Hope this helps

• Like 1

i would not even wear the Airoh no matter how light it is, its not safe and its not worth it.

What a load of cr@p, the airoh passes the same euro standards as every other helmet. Just because it's light, doesnt mean it's unsafe.

What, do they not sell the Airoh helmet in the US? That's weird, dont get why Marvin Musquin and Mike Alessi rides with the Airoh helmet in the AMA series then if they are not available.

I can highly recommend the Airoh stealth helmet, i have crashed pretty hard in one. No damage at all on the helmet but i recieved a minor concussion. I crashed hard in HJC's best helmet available and the thing broke into two pieces...

The best thing about the helmet is ofcourse that it's so light. Only 950gr(0.95kg). But besides that, it's also very comfortable and it got a top class finish.

I'm getting the new Avaiator soon, just can't decide which color i should go for, i'm thinking of getting it in all white.

What a load of cr@p, the airoh passes the same euro standards as every other helmet. Just because it's light, doesnt mean it's unsafe.

Passing euro standards is not like passing Snell and DOT, these standards are more stricter then ECE 22.05 standards. i am not saying just because it light its not safe, neck braces can weigh as much as 550g that doesnt mean they wont protect your neck if you crash, but i would not have had these opinion unless i have put it a position and felt what it really mean to have proper helmet.

My tupence,

I have had, HJC, BELL, FOX and airoh and I wouldnt get another Airoh lid, they have a funny fit with any goggels, what ever way the long beak is on the helmet it seems to squeese my nose closed and it really limits my breathing.. not good..

Passing euro standards is not like passing Snell and DOT, these standards are more stricter then ECE 22.05 standards. i am not saying just because it light its not safe, neck braces can weigh as much as 550g that doesnt mean they wont protect your neck if you crash, but i would not have had these opinion unless i have put it a position and felt what it really mean to have proper helmet.

There is a lot of evidence that Snell and DOT tests require a shell and foam that is too hard to effectively and safely absorb most of the impacts motocross and off-road riders' heads take, resulting in concussions that might not have happened in an ECE 22.05 compliant helmet. Most of our crashes happen at such slow speeds compared to road riders/racers that even if we get whipped around the impact is still likely to be less severe than your average street headshot.

If Airohs weren't so expensive I'd buy one in a heartbeat.