Sign in to follow this  

what oversized gas tank would you choose?

ok i am in the market for a aftermarket gas tank that holds at least 3.2 gallons and that is clear and can change the plug while the tank is still on.

IMS or ZIP TY are the nicest IMO. clarke tanks are a bit cheaper but i dont care much for the look of them.

I have the Zip-ty tank in blue. Had I seen it in person I wouldnt have bought it. It's certainly not a $300 tank IMO, the fit and finish sucks. It looks good from 10' away though. I'd personally be ashamed to put my name on it and ask $300 for them.

I have a 3.6gal IMS for my '01 250, it fits a little snug, but it feels just like the stock tank on the trails. I like the finish, and the white has held up pretty well over the last 6 months, I expected it to be a shade of yellow by now- although the white was never as bright as the plastics on the rest of the bike. You can change the plug with the tank still on, thank God.

I have a 3.6gal IMS for my '01 250, it fits a little snug, but it feels just like the stock tank on the trails. I like the finish, and the white has held up pretty well over the last 6 months, I expected it to be a shade of yellow by now- although the white was never as bright as the plastics on the rest of the bike. You can change the plug with the tank still on, thank God.

I have the same on my 2001 yz250 and love it. I can change the plugs with the tank on, but its tight. I usually change the plug before each race and havnt had to pull the tank.

What ever tank i have for 06 250 is 3.1ish works great. Can change plugs no ploblem, change needles and mains. I have looked and has no name that i have found, either Clark or IMS. I want a blue cap from fleabay:)

350-I think you were sporting a 95 WR250 / I have a 94 YZ 250 with a clarke 3.2 Gal.Absolute plug changing nightmare. I should have done my homework.

no i have a 2006 yz250 but i am throttle heavy on the trails so i always need to fill up 3/4 the way up the trail, that means i need to slow down for my freinds rzr so i can fill up.