Sign in to follow this  

Green vs Blue.. 250f's

Okay so I'm looking to upgrade from my 98 KX125 to an 08+ 250f but I really am looking for something under 3k. I've seen several from both brands that look like good deals but its just hard to decide between the Kawi and the Yamaha.. I LOVE how the Kawis look but I keep hearing over and over that the Yamahas have better overall engines. I havent rode either, so I'm clueless when it comes to comparing them. Anyone have thier own opinion between the two?

the yamaha engines are as reliable as the universe and have a aawesome suspension. the kawi motor imo have a better powerband that is more broad than the yamaha, just depends on what u want. i had a 08 kx250f then went to a ktm 250f and the kawi was so much better, you cant really go wrong either way hope this helped

I have a 08 K250F and my buddy has a 06 YZ250F, my bike does have more power and it seems like a noticeable amount. From everything I have ever seen if you keep up with your maintenance most all bikes are fairly equal, if you want to be really lazy on your maintenance then the YZ will probably hold up better. As far as the suspension goes, in stock trim we are both within the weight limits of the stock suspension. I think the YZ suspension is better in the woods only, on the track I think the KX is totally on par. In the end ride both and buy the one that has been maintained the best and you can get the best deal on.