Please help identify this part (Pics)

Look for a part # on the packaging and be sure you got the correct kit for your bike, that piece is unfamiliar to me... I did a quick search for the hot rods kits and it seems to me that they should only come with 2 bearings and 2 seals.

The kit is for a 2004. The part number is "KO19" and the distributor's part number on the package match too? This is driving be nuts. Worse part is I have already build the motor thinking this part was just for a different bike or something.

However it does look like the part under the timing gear on the crank I think

That part does not install on the bike, I needed to use it to remove old bearing from the case.

Thanks. So does anyone know what this part actually is? or is it just for pounding the bearing out or something?

I wonder if it's a piece they would use for QC to test fitment and somehow got left in your bearing ?

That actually crossed mine mine too. Still waiting to hear back more from Hot rods they have been good in the pass so will see. I should have looked at the numbers on them before I but the motor back together. I just assumed it was a part for a different application but now I am worried I got the wrong bearings in a correctly labeled package

That part does not install on the bike, I needed to use it to remove old bearing from the case.

Has no one seen this answer?

It makes sense.

It kind of unusual that you'd get an aid to remove the old bearing but replacement parts companies are making it easier and easier for you to buy their products and install them and for the cost of that part (very little) I can see it being in their best interest.

Has no one seen this answer?

It makes sense.

It kind of unusual that you'd get an aid to remove the old bearing but replacement parts companies are making it easier and easier for you to buy their products and install them and for the cost of that part (very little) I can see it being in their best interest.

Yes very true but why would the Manufacture not know what the part is. I sent them a pic

Yes very true but why would the Manufacture not know what the part is. I sent them a pic

The guy you talked to on the phone didn't know...somebody knows.

You need to chat with engineering, not a sales desk guy.

Thing is, HotRods is probably just re-boxing a bearing from the OE manufacturer of the bearing so they might not even know its in there.

that's what I told them. It came from there packaging place or whatever so someone should know. On a secound note I don't recall the left bearing being a roller type should it be with the hotrod kit I know OEM it is

that's what I told them. It came from there packaging place or whatever so someone should know. On a secound note I don't recall the left bearing being a roller type should it be with the hotrod kit I know OEM it is

Not sure what you mean.

The left side bearing is an internal open roller. The crank pin runs right in that bearing.

The right side is a more regular caged ball setup. Is the bearing you got from HotRods not an open roller on the left side?

Is the engine together?

For what ever reason I cannot see the picture. This might be something you want to know about

http://www.hotrodsproducts.com/static/docs/HR-034_K046_Seal_Notice.pdf

That is the notice on the early vs late right side seal. The later cranks got a sleeve for seal to run on.

Good info for guys though.

A shipping insert makes senses too.

It'd be interesting to know what the differences if any are in the OD of that part and the crank pin itself.

The reason Im wondering is that piece looks like it could be pressed onto a shaft and the bearing run on it directly, assuming its steel.