Sign in to follow this  

new bike

hi guys i just bought my 2005 crf250r today for 1000 the thing is mint came with 3 oilfilters , honda oil, gear oil, engine ice, 2 tires new, chain, extra plastics, extra throttle and clutch cable, 2 stands and a shim kit , it runs great but i need to change the jetting for this cold weather thanks

whats the stock jetting 178main,42 piolet i think the guy said he had smaller jets in it so im gonna pull the carb today and check what size the jets are ill probably need a 182 for the winter and maybe a 45 piolet

ok so i took the carb off and it was stock jetting should i get a 45 pilet or bigger main or both also the pilet air screw should that be 2 turns out because the book says 1 3/4 turns thanks stock exhaust sea level about 35 degrees

nothing the guy was original owner and was going into the military so had to sell the thing is mint and came with all that stuff

Your welcome. I rode new years eve here in nebraska and I think it was about 40 degrees. I ran 45 pilot and a 170 main. Probably would have been better with a 172. You have to remember that its going to take longer to warm up so it may seem a little sluggish until it gets up to operating temp. But it should be ok with that jetting.