Sign in to follow this  

California KTM Battery Issues in the Desert !

You got one of those freeride ebike..... Big Boy edition :smirk:

The 10 years is what I was thinking. What does one weigh?

ARe you off the grid Jeff? Solar? Or you got one of those big windmills in your backyard, :smirk:

The 10 years is what I was thinking. What does one weigh?

One 2V cell is about 250lbs without the metal case.

ARe you off the grid Jeff? Solar? Or you got one of those big windmills in your backyard, :smirk:

Totally off grid. We have one tiny windmill. Not enough windy days here to focus on wind. We run all day on solar and use a little Honda 2000W when solar is not enough. We have a 12000W propane genie for laundry day... and 220V irrigation pump for trees... and 220V well pump to refill water tanks... and to drive shop tools.

We do laundry, vacuum the house, recharge batteries, water trees and fill water tanks all at the same time to make most use of the big gennie when it's burning fuel. Otherwise we burn about $100 in gas in the baby gennie plus solar all month.

Has certainly been an education. I think if people in the city practiced the kind of electrical efficiencies we must practice on a solar system they would cut their SCE bills in half. Lower watt bulbs, turning off lights when you leave a room and switching to laptops instead of power hungry desktop computers is 25 to 30% of your bill.

Totally off grid.

Cool! good for you! :bonk::smirk: I think if the gov really wanted to subsidize something real, they should put solar panels on the roof of every house in the southwest. But we all know how soon that's going to happen....:lol: