Sign in to follow this  

Ride Eng. Link

I was looking at the Ride Engineering lowering link, and read a review on it for a KX, still looking around for more reviews. But does anyone have experience with one? It seems like it would help a bit, because rite now my bike is not uncomfortable, it just feels a little weird. I dont want it for bling, I want it for performance and comfort. So is it worth every penny?

Are you looking to lower your bike?

If you are, there are better and cheaper ways of doing that.

Well yea, but help the rear suspension.

Help in what way? is there a certain problem you are having with the way the bike handles?

Is the free-sag and race-sag set correctly on the rear shock?

Your bike from the factory is sprung for a rider of about 150 lbs. If you weigh too far from that (more than 15 lbs.), you may need to respring your bike.

Well it needs help through rough sections, the back kicks bad and whoops. Ive tried lots of combinations with clickers, and sag is set.

I haven't heard of any issues with the YZ rear suspension that requires changing any link parts.

Generally, kicking is caused by a lack of high speed compression damping, the rear spring too soft, or too much race sag.

Well im about 165 without gear. Spring?

Yes. I would start with springs appropriate for your weight for the shock and the forks. You will be suprised how much it changes how your bike feels.

At 165 your stock spring is good. Set sag first and then dial in the comp and rebound.

But a suspension link with more leverage helps with the rear end being more planted on high-speed braking bumps and gets more traction under power. Be sure to reset sag after putting on any new suspension component.