Sign in to follow this  

Red Bull NY Jump

Anyone notice how much faster/farther ahead the dirtbike was at take-off and how much it slowed in the air compared to the snowmobile? The sled nearly caught it by the time their suspension had absorbed the landing. Obvious physics, but interesting to watch.

Also, that landing ramp looked way too flat and unnecessarily long. Two degrees steeper would have made for a much softer landing. Both vehicles absolutely crushed their suspension.

I tonight the camera amble sucked but a 412 foot snowmobile jump and a 390foot dirt bike jump that no one got hurt on ,the angles couldn't have been to bad.

Yeah, on TV it sucked but I just watched it on Youtube and there's a few different angles.

Both riders rode away, so I would say the jump was nearly perfect.

A huge long landing was good to see. Along with air bags if they landed short.

If you watch closely, the last distance mark was 410. Levi jumped 12.

No one thought he would go much farther.

Red Bull probably spent over a million setting up that jump, ESPN didn't have enough cameras to cover a football game. :smirk:

Hopefully, some really nice footage is still to come.

Two very different views of the jump.

This was pretty much ESPN's coverage during the 1 hour TV show.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zr1ISlqVOk8

This is Red Bull's website.

http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Video/red-bull-new-year-no-limits-021243143084453

Red Bull's got it right...Much better. I still have yet to see it hardly until just now, thanks for the link.

The bike has maybe 65hp? The sled has 180hp. Bike weighs 220 the sled 435, looks like the power to weight is in favor of the sled by a lot.

I knew they wouldn't leave the take off ramp at the same time....still awesome

That was awesome. I liked seeing them rip down the runway(ESPN) then the in flight of Redbull was way better.

Anyone find it interesting that Robbie was on a 4 stroke. I'm pretty sure all of his other distance jumps were on 500 smokers.

MAX!!!

Yes, I was expecting him to be on the service honda cr500 :/ then when we saw the yam 4t my yam buddy started talking sh!t all night, until he didn't make it to 400 :smirk:

if the landing ramp was 2* stepper levi would have almost landed fully flat.... that wuld have been a horible idea.

youll thank me later

That was the best footage of the whole event, puts ESPN's hour show to shame. Best 50 seconds of jump video!

I watched it all. Start to finish. All I can say is BORING.... Very anti-climatic. And other than take off and landing i couldn't see much, again BORING... If this jump had been done ten years ago I might have gotten excited..