Sign in to follow this  

My hardest crash of 2011 (GoPro)

It turns out my hardest crash of the year was on the last day of the year.

Ummm...not to alarm you but theres a bush there! LOL Be happy you were on sand or else that could have been bad.

Ummm...not to alarm you but theres a bush there! LOL Be happy you were on sand or else that could have been bad.

Hahaha agreed..

damn, sorry to see that, on another note, that has got to be the clearest picture ive seen on a go pro, that thing is super clear.

Did you even go back and make sure that bush was OK??? I hope you did and I hope it is...

Haha ya I see that. What I didn't see was the rock to the left of the first smaller bush. I was attempting to go to the left of the bush I hit, but the rock threw me directly into it. I tried to lean back and pin it to avoid going over the bars. But after the crash I realized the bush had managed to make the chain skip a tooth on the rear sprocket and completely lock up the rear tire. I had to loosen the chain tensioner bolt a few turns to even get it to go back in place. Not sure if I would have been able to pull it off without that happening, but I do think it hurt my odds.

Did you even go back and make sure that bush was OK??? I hope you did and I hope it is...

I did check the bush, it was definitely not OK.

Glad you're ok.

I had a pretty bad one New Years Eve also, still counting my lucky stars.

Was following my bud, we came around a turn with the morning sun in our face, there was a shadowy spot out of the turn, at the same time we came up on some four wheelers going the other way.

I noted my friend 'reacting' to something, almost losing control and at the same time I took my eye off him to the check the four wheelers and boom...

I hit what felt like the kraken of doom, I was suddenly in the air, going over the front of the bike, face/shoulder first into the dirt, I heard the bike behind me, looking for a place to rest, which happened to be on me.....twice....by the time it was all over the back tire was spinning on my helmet....thuk thuk thuk...

Man....it could've been bad in soooo many ways....bruised shoulder and front mid section (the hits left jersey marks in my skin heh).....just a little stiff.

I hit a burn-blackened foot or so high stump, dead center, it being in the shade, neither my friend nor I even seen it.....he clipped it, I nailed it.

Bike had NOTHING to show for it, I was amazed....guess I broke it's fall diligently.

hey what kind of chest protector were you wearing?

It is called Zero 7 by ABE sports group. Not sure where you can get them, I bought it at a sale about a year ago.

Haha ya I see that. What I didn't see was the rock to the left of the first smaller bush. I was attempting to go to the left of the bush I hit, but the rock threw me directly into it. I tried to lean back and pin it to avoid going over the bars. But after the crash I realized the bush had managed to make the chain skip a tooth on the rear sprocket and completely lock up the rear tire. I had to loosen the chain tensioner bolt a few turns to even get it to go back in place. Not sure if I would have been able to pull it off without that happening, but I do think it hurt my odds.

I did check the bush, it was definitely not OK.

look like further ahead when ur riding and u wond be trying to dodge obsticlas

What matters is that you're fine, at least you look fine.

i've crashed on 31/12 too, i wanted to ride so badly (now that my bike has the suspension prepared) but ended up crashing alone

luckily i'm fine too, only some scratches in my belly :smirk: other than that everything is good.