Sign in to follow this  

Best tire combo

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but does anyone have suggestions for an affordable and durable tire combo that will perform well in a mix of loose gravel and packed clay/rock? This would be for a KLX300R, no racing but some hard riding. The dunlops it came with seemed to work well enough, but the gravel wore them down pretty quick and the jagged rock ripped some of the knobs right off the rear.

I took a look at those, saw a couple or poor reviews though. More expensive isn't always better and it would be nice to save the money, but the price gap between the artrax and other tires is considerable, and I have to wonder why.

I use a dunlop mx51 in front and a d952 in back. it seems to hold up pretty well, though i haven't ridden for expended periods of time on gravel, but the while i have (say 30 min a ride, on my way to some trails) they have held up for the season, normally once or twice a week season long

For the best traction I like the Michelin S-12's but the will chunk in rocks. My next choice would be the Maxxis SI's. The aren't quite the same traction but wear much better.