Sign in to follow this  

KTM 50sr

Im have trouble gettin this bike to run rite we bought it new in 09 and hasnt seen much action til end of this summer, boys finally big enough and not scared of it any more. Ive played with the needle and jet,low end screw and cant get it rite. I have some expereince tunin 2 strokes but this one thoews me!!! it ran like a beast when we picked it up but i was dec. in mi. cold!! the next summer it ran good when first started but when i got hot it got hot and ran bad, LEAN, Id say so lifted needle in middle of nowhere u[p north and played with low end screw made no difference. wee put a bigger jet in this summer ran better , but just a dog now not a ripper. when i first bought it this thing scared me a littrle when i rode it!! now the boys sayin dad it dont go. Any one else had ne probs with these its got to b tunin ive gone both ways with needle and jets and cant find a sweet spot the bikes only been rode like 20 times like new, out warranty. gettin ready to take it to the dealer just wonderin if any one had any input? Thanx

The orifices in the carb are VERY small in these bikes. I would clean it out with compressed air and carb cleaner as best you can. A clogged pilot will make it run rough, if at all.

I use a small strand of wire to clean out the orifices if needed.

I run into this issue with my 02 50 SA, weedeater, etc....

when i first bought it this thing scared me a littrle when i rode it!! now the boys sayin dad it dont go.

Here's one problem. Adults should not ride the KTM 50's. The clutch will cause them to act like carb problems. Refer to the 50 bible on KTM talk.

These bikes are famous for burning out stators when they get hot. I would have an extra with you at all times, I keep two in my tool kit. Try dropping a new one in and see if that doesnt do it.... if not youre really not out anything as the spare would be nice anyways.