Sorry guys went to the Orange

the DR650 really is the best bike in the world... at being good at everything..

doubling up is pretty good, there are better bikes for doubling such as the DL650/1000 buuuuut you sacrifice enormously in other aspects. I've doubled up quite a few times, power is a mute issue, there's still gobs of torque when doubling up.

Manouverability is a bit dampened, can still do single track and fire roads. It just takes a bit more time if you want to turn around

The one thing that helps a lot is fabricating some lowering brackets for the rear pegs. It greatly increases the pillion passengers confidence (it's not natural to lean over with knees up so high, especially when they aren't in control) and increases stability. Stiffer springs make the ride much better. As long as i'm not getting airborne I find that I can go as fast as I want offroad, and with a pillion on the back the rear spring is smooth as silk

In case somebody else besides me has no idea what a "pillion" is.

"A pillion is a mostly British English term for a secondary pad, cushion, or seat behind the main seat or saddle on a horse, motorcycle, bicycle or moped.[1] A passenger in this seat is said to "ride pillion" or may themselves be referred to as a "pillion." The word is derived from the Gaelic for "little rug," pillean, which is itself from the Latin pellis for "animal skin." One or more pelts would often have been used as a secondary seat on horseback; the usage has carried over to motorcycles."

Flea

I can't double up on mine ever since I dumped the rear pegs. Besides the old lady for some reason won't get on the back of any dirt bike or sport bike piloted by me...she thinks I'm nuts!

Don't blame you for going orange, I have orange bikes too. But I also am never going to get rid of my heavily farkled "Abrahams Tank" DR650.